Amazing- Grace

Princess of the- Ponderosa

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '12 12:46pm PST 
wavewavewavewaveHOWDY EVERYONE

THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE FUN.... A PLACE TO SHARE HOOMAN RECIPES AND PUP RECIPES

BAKED CARMEL POPCORN
1 CUP OF BUTTER OR MARGERINE
2 CUPS OF BROWN SUGAR
½ CUP LIGHT CORN SYRUP (CAN USE DARK CORN SYRUP)
1 tsp. SALT (I USUALLY JUST LIGHTLY SALT THE POPCORN ONCE IT IS POPPED)
½ tsp. BAKING SODA
1 tsp. of VANILLA (IMTATION OR REAL) HAVE USED BOTH
POP 6-7 QTS OF POPCORN. CHECK FOR UNPOPPED KERNALS AND THROW THEM OUT. (CAN BE HARD ON YOUR DENTAL WORK OTHERWISE)
MELT BUTTER,STIR IN BROWN SUGAR,SYRUP AND SALT. (UNLESS YOU HAVE SALTED THE POPCORN WHEN YOU MADE IT. THEN DO NOT ADD ANYMORE SALT)
STIRRING CONSTANTLY BRING TO A BOIL. BOIL FOR 5 MINUTES. DO TIME THIS….REMOVE FROM HEAT SITR IN SODA AND VANILLA.MIX WELL BUT QUICKLY. POUR OVER POPCORN.
MIX WELL TO COAT THE POPCORN.
DUMP INTO 1 EXTRA LARGE PAN,SMALL ROASTER BOTTOM OR 2- 9X13 OR JELLY ROLL PANS.
BAKE IN 200-250 OVEN FOR 1 HOUR. STIR EVERY 15 MINUTES. DUMP ON WAX PAPER TO COOL.(I DO THIS WHEN MAKING MULTIPLE BATCHES FOR THE HOLIDAYS) YOU CAN LET IT COOL IN YOUR BIG PAN. I USE MY BIG ROASTER. EXCELLENT KEEPER IN AIR TIGHT JARS,BAGS OR PLASTIC CONTAINERS. I SHIP IT IN HOLIDAY PACKAGES. ONLY THING ABOUT COOLING IN YOUR BIG PAN…IT WILL TAKE LONGER TO SCRUB YOUR PAN. VERSES DUMP IT ON WAX PAPER. PUT HOT DISH WATER IN YOUR PAN RIGHT AWAY. CLEAN UP IS VERY QUICK USING THIS METHOD.
YOU CAN CUT THIS RECIPE IN ½ FOR A SMALLER BATCH AND IT WORKS JUST FINE.
************************************************************* ******************
VANILLA POPCORN (VANILLA CORN IS NOT A GOOD KEEPER FOR STORING EXTENDED TIME)
1ST. TASK…MAKE YOUR POPCORN….
THIS RECIPE WILL COVER 3 QTS. OF POPCORN. NOT A BIG BATCH. DOESN’T STORE WELL IN HUMID WEATHER. NOT A PROBLEM… AS IT IS ALL GOBBLED UP….WE HAVE BEEN TOLD NOT TO DOUBLE THE RECIPE. MAKE 1 BATCH AT A TIME.
WHEN OUR FRIEND TRIED TO DOUBLE IT… THE CANDY STUFF DIDN’T SET.
YOUR INGREDIENTS:
1 CUP SUGAR
½ CUP BUTTER (IS 1 STICK OR A ¼ OF A LB.)
¼ CUP LIGHT CORN SYRUP
BOIL THE ABOVE 3 INGREDIENTS FOR 2 MINUTES. DO TIME IT.
STIR WHILE BOILING SO YOU DON’T BURN YOUR SUGARS.
THEN ADD QUICKLY:
¼ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. of vanilla extract
BEAT TOGETHER AND POUR OVER THE 3 QTS. OF POPCORN.
STIR UNTIL POPCORN IS COATED. DUMP INTO A BIG PAN TO AIR DRY.(USUALLY USE A COOKIE SHEET) BREAK INTO PIECES WHEN COOL AND PUT IN A CONTAINER. (IF YOU HAVE ANY LEFT TO PUT IN A CONTAINER OR ZIP BAG).
************************************************************* ******************
SENDING THIS FOR ANY OF YOU WHO WANT TO TRY THEM....ALOT OF PEOPLE HAVE ASK FOR THESE RECIPES.
LET US KNOW IF YOU MAKE THEM. HOW YOU LIKED THEM??????????

TAKE CARE, KEDA AND MAZY
ANYONE DROPS A PIECE THE PUP WILL SWOOP IN TO GRAB IT....SHE'S SO SMALL WE DON'T ALLOW MORE THAN A BITE
big grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grin

WE WILL BE BACK TO POST A COUPLE PUP BISCUIT RECIPES.
GMA ALWAYS TASTE THEM TOO.hailhailhailTHEY ARE MADE WITH ALL HOOMAN GROCERY SUPPLIES.wink
Angel Baby- (Loving- Memory)

I Still Like- Granola Bars or- Cookies!!!!

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '12 5:11pm PST 
Easy when everyone is so busy........big grin

EASY PAWSOME MEXICAN SOUP

1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 can of Nacho cheese soup (can use Cheddar cheese soup)
if you do you need salsa or tomatoes with green chilies to add (for Spice)
1 can of chicken breast (the way tuna comes or cook and cut up your own)
milk (we use skim) 1 and 1/2 cans
shredded cheese (whatever you like)
tortilla or taco chips (whatever you like)
AS AN EXTRA TWIST WE ADD:
cooked minute rice or cook a rice-a-roni white and wild rice mix or use leftover rice from another night. (optional but really adds alot to the soup) (amount about 1-2 cups)
WE HAVE ALSO ADDED A CAN OF BLACK BEANS AND/OR SOME CORN

REALLY you can play with this alot......

mix all these things together
can add salsa to spice it up more OR HOT SAUCE
heat slowly because of the milk and cream soup base

when hot dish up
TOP with shredded cheese (whatever you like)
break tortilla chips into your soup

VERY FILLING AND MAKES A WHOLE MEAL

you can scratch this but you make it with the canned stuff in a snap!way to go
Abby - Forever- Loved

Forever loved- (January- 2001-August- 2012)

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '12 5:53pm PST 
Well, those sound really tasty!

Amazing- Grace

Barked: Thu Nov 29, '12 6:12am PST 
HOMEMADE TREATS FOR YOUR LOYAL PUPPER

PUMPKIN PEANUTBUTTER OATMEAL BISCUIT

1 c quick oatmeal
1 1/2 c flour
2T. honey(if you don't have use molasses,little pancake syrup or brown sugar)
1/2 c pumpkin
3-4 T. peanutbutter
1/4 c skim milk (whatever milk you have on hand)

mix up and dough was soft. so then sprinkle a little flour at a time on the dough. when dough is like a very soft play dough divide into 2 balls. flour your pastry sheet and roll out like a pie crust or cookies. cut with the cookie cutter (ours was 3" x 1 1/4" bone shaped) No cutter,don't worry roll into balls and flatten with fingers. we rolled the dough to about 1/4" thick.
We have a convection electric oven so temperature and baking time may vary by what you bake in.

Baked at 375 for 15 min. turned over and baked 10 more min. Turn oven off and leave in oven until oven is cold. This will harden them so they will keep.
way to goway to goway to go

Mazy has put her personal seal of approval on thesekissingkissingkissingLOVES them!snoopy
Walker- (Angel Boy)

Washog

Barked: Thu Nov 29, '12 10:49am PST 
applauseapplause YUMMY applauseapplause
Amazing- Grace

Barked: Thu Nov 29, '12 4:39pm PST 
Walker and Buddy did you get your Momma's to head right out to the kitchen and start creating custom pup cookies for ya????????????thinkingthinkingthinking

After that, they can do some people goodies if they want. Since they wouldn't want to share the spicy Mex Soup with ya!laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud

I did have a taste of Great Gma's gingersnaps today. I love thosesnoopy
Gma keeps a dozen for her and I and sends the rest to Great Gma as they are her favorite. She has to hide them or Great-Gpa eats them too. we send Great Gpa a big box of some of all the many kinds we bake.smileWe think he does it to get Great-Gma's goat!shrugeek We made the old boy 10 lbs. of jerky as part of his Dec. Birthday. We made him a blanket to stay warm while he listens to his novels and magazines. Great-Gpa is legally blind now and only sees shadows.
His old heart is wearing out. He can't have anymore cardiac surgery. They said, he is just to frail.

We do the gift boxes, because there is nothing we can buy that he doesn't already have. We love on her folks by doing these goodies boxes.kissingbig hugkissing
Even with postage being high, they so enjoy them.way to go That's the poop scoop....

Gma's baking,canning,jerky,drying fruits and such keeps her busy and active.
Cold and ugly today! Only 19 and not a stitch of sunshine.shock We still have fudge and caramel corn to make. More sugar cookies for the Grand-kids.

Pack a bunch of boxes for the mail for next week. Where did 2012 go????????
Zipped by so quickly.......shock have a pawsome weekend as tomorrow is Friday.
dog walk
Abigail

Mom & Dad's- Valentine

Barked: Thu Nov 29, '12 8:07pm PST 
Yummy sounding receipes! Thanks for sharingapplause I gots one to sharewave

mom's started making me ice cream and i only get Frosty Paws on special occasions. of course i don't have any measurements, mom kinds of fudges it and so far i've eaten every batch. like Mazy says you could probably mix and match ingredients for your own taste.

yogurt - about half a 32 ounce container
peanut butter - a few spoon scoops
bananas - 3 or 4
honey - 3 second squirt

mix it all up in a blender or food procesor (needs to be smooooooooth) and pour it into little cups (mom & dad have eaten lots of individual apple sauce cups!) and freeze.

mom's been using non fat vanilla yogurt and low fat peanut butter.

now i gotta go print out them recipes for my momma!!!

see ya, abi
Amazing- Grace

Barked: Tue Dec 4, '12 12:11pm PST 
wavewavewavewave
More pup bone shaped biscuits madecheercheercheerUsed that recipe above but made a few changes.

We used 50% oatmeal,1/2 c. of baked sweet potato and 1 c. of applesauce(that we made ourselves), 2 T. of oil and 2 circular drizzles of molasses around the bowl. About 1 to 1 1/2 T. We had about 3 oz. of condensed skim milk left from making fudge. So we used that.....We used 3c. of both oatmeal and flour.
Extra flour to handle dough and roll out and cut it. We ended up with 80 biscuits and No leftover scraps of dough.way to go

Of course,I've eaten 1 and put my seal of approval on them. These have NO peanut-butter in them. Very little FAT for 6 c. of dry stuff....big grin

Maybe I should take a picture of the bones? I have them in a Big bowl on the counter. I needed more to mail some to some other Secret Pals......I can post it later.....thinkingwinkmazydog walk
Abigail

Mom & Dad's- Valentine

Barked: Sun Dec 9, '12 9:00pm PST 
Mazywave mom was thinking of making some of them biscuits and taking them to the shelter nearby. but she gots a question about how do you leave 80 biscuits in the oven until the oven cools down? we don't have a big oven so not sure ours can handle 80 at a timeshrug does Gma do it in batches? like a sheet at a time?

thanks for your recipeshappy dancehappy dance

see ya, abi
Abigail

Mom & Dad's- Valentine

Barked: Wed Dec 19, '12 7:02am PST 
Condogulations!

Ho! Ho! Ho!

You've found the Santa Paws for 12/19/12! Now go to the Santa Paws Hunt thread and let me know that you've found Santa Paws. If you're the first you'll get a treat in your stocking!!!!

See ya, Abi
  (Page 1 of 16: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16