Bicycles

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Tucker

I\'m so happy!

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '12 6:27am PST 
Mom came home with a bike last night. She has plans to ride it and thinks that I might run along side of her. Maybe a basket for the girls.

Tinker Bell doesn't your mom have a bike with a basket? do you like it? Did she try to teach you to run next to her?
Cisco The- Kidd Poop

I'm a GIANT- CHI~Giant Chi's- More 2 Love!

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '12 6:32am PST 
Mommy has a bike with a basket in da front and Junior and Vickie ride in it
quite comfortably but not me I don't wants nuttin to do with dat bike ridin thing O maybe if mommy gave me some treats while I was in dere but I don't tink so...BOL laugh out loud
Tucker

I\'m so happy!

Barked: Fri Nov 9, '12 6:22am PST 
Hmm interesting! mom has plans to walk me and the bike together and see how I do. Not sure how the girls will like the basket, but she is hoping that they do. She feels bad leaving us home when she does stuff like this. . . .
She looked at doggie baskets online yesterday - they cost a LOT! way more than she paid for the bike!
shock

Victoria- (Vickie)- Poop

Barked: Fri Nov 9, '12 7:40pm PST 
The basket mommy has on her bike is just a regular old bike basket.
She put piece of kinda hard plastic on the bottom then puts an old towel in it for us to sits on she do. She also has a little leash thingy she came up with that is hooked to basket and gits hooked to whichever pup is in da basket just to avoid the possibility of us jumping out unexpectedly. dancing
Tinker Bell- Forever

I love cookies!

Barked: Sat Nov 10, '12 8:26am PST 
Sorry I'm late in answering. Oh, cool on your mom's bike!! Yes,I had a basket. It got rain damaged, but my momwas able to train me to get used to it. We stopped riding when my mom got sick. She's hoping one day to go with me again. I was also taught to run next to my mom's scooter with I believe it's called a "walkie doggie" not sure on the spelling. My legs aren't good anymore so that doesn't work for me, now. I'd still do it, but mom knows my legs aren't as good as they were.

My mom would suggest to start off with a basket. If you like a basket, then you will probably be brave enough for running next to your mom, while she rides. When you get tired, she can put you in the basket.

Halo was not brave enough to ride in the basket. She was terrified even after mom worked with her for a long time. So mom would backpack Halo. Halo loved it. Mom had to be super careful, but Halo is light, and halo would just lie down and not move.so it was all good.

So that's another option for you if the basket or "Wally dog" don't work.

We started our practice in the backyard with mom walking next to us Halo and I both loved that. Then we just kept going from there.

Have fun!! I loved it. But remember, once your mom takes you on the bike. You will always want to ride with her. I would cry and cry, if I saw mom take the bike without me.
Tucker

I\'m so happy!

Barked: Sun Nov 11, '12 8:16am PST 
Oh thanks Tink! good advise.
It's getting out the harnesses that get us all excited! It's hard for mom to just take one of us, cause the rest of us want to go too of course!
Mom will look at baskets at Wal Mart and see what we can find. She doesn't want to spend much especially till we find out who likes it and who doesn't.

Her boyfriend says that trying to take all of us at once didn't sound like a good idea to him. Two in front, two in back confused Thinks we'd be too wiggly and mom could have an accident? hmmm he's probably right. He does a lot of bike riding - but mom's not going to do his kind of riding - he does mostly mountain biking and mom says she's not in good enough shape for that!
Tinker Bell- Forever

I love cookies!

Barked: Sun Nov 11, '12 10:01pm PST 
Hmm...my mommy knows they do sell a back bike riding basket. You all might like that better. It doesnt shift around like the front basket. That's another option. As long as your mom isn't riding alone, the other person can watch you.

It's difficult leaving a pup behind, but sometimes it has to be done. I know Katie is tiny. As long as it isnt hot, your mom could backpack her as an alternative. . Also, I think there are two-dog bike baskets. Possibly two of you could ride together in the future.
Tucker

I\'m so happy!

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '12 6:18am PST 
She couldn't find anything at the stores yesterday. So when she got home, she was digging around cause we have a smaller soft side kennel - and found the old car seats. One of them worked on the front. It does shift a little bit, but it was raining so we couldn't try it out. She is thinking at least Katie might like riding up there. She had to put air in the tires and adjust the handle bars too. I think we are good to go - if it will stop raining when there is daylight confused
Tinker Bell- Forever

I love cookies!

Barked: Tue Nov 13, '12 3:23pm PST 
Oh! Cool. Let us know when you end up going. It's a lot of fun. My mom misses going with me. Maybe we could just do short rides. Mom will have to dig her Bike out of the garage.
Tucker

I\'m so happy!

Barked: Wed Nov 14, '12 6:25am PST 
We did a "dry run" in the garage last night. Katie sat there real nice and so did Molly. I am really too big for the seat and Sparky jumped out. We were not in harnesses and not strapped in since we were in the garage. So the girls just might get to ride - now comes the part where we try walking next to that bike on a leash!

why do mom's get these ideas anyway?

I hope you can go for at least little rides again Tink - start short and quick maybe?
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2