Close X

FUR OF THE MONTH FOR SEPTEMBER 2012 - REBA !!!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
MerryBelle- Noelle Pie- SSW

GEORGIE'S- WIFE..FOREVER MY- COWBOY !!!

Barked: Sat Sep 1, '12 1:48pm PST 
*MERRY is outside the Doghouse waiting for the latest Fur of the Month to arrive for her interview. She has a basket of balls ready so they can have some fun after all the barking back and forth during the interview big grin She hears the garden gate open and there the is!!!*

REBA!!! You are the Doghouse's Fur of the Month for September 2012!!! Congratulations !!! YIPPEEEE !!!

Me is so honored! me would love that!

Thank you so much!

Come over with me to a nice patch of grass REBA! I have some questions to ask you so we can find out all about you!!!

How did you come to live with your furless family?

After mom lost Idgie, she was dogless... a sad thing to be... So Auntie Chris arranged a pup for her as a 50th birfday pressie... Him was already 7 months old and had issues... Him loved mom wiff all his heart very quickly, but other people he didn't like at all cry Her only had him 4 months when she had to give him back after he tore open his pen to bite a guy who worked here (him was near 100 pounds by then) and it wasn’t the first time he tore his pen apart.
Mom was heartbroken again... A month or so later, my flyer came along to one of the local vet's, looking for me a home from the local rescue lady. Auntie Chris was told about it and surprised mom wiff me! Mom cried happy tears when her see'd me big grin

What special people are part of your life?

Besides mom, Auntie Chris, Uncle Bill, and the other peeps who works here. They is all good to me… We is also friends wiff the rescue lady now too.

Tell us about your home in Anza, California.

We lives at the recycling center where mom also works... It's about 3 acres wiff a house on the property too. The house was first built in the 30's out of stones, and thru the years has been added onto over and over again... That's why we gots windows looking into other rooms big laugh Me thinks one of the best things about living where we does is that we don't get fleas! Mom has seen fleas on fresh dead squirrels, but me guesses rodent fleas don't like dogs wink And since we is at about 4000 feet, sometimes we gets snow in the winter! Me loves to play in the snow cloud 9

I have read in your diary about the different types of animals you have had where you live. What kinds did you have and do you still have them? How did you get along with them all?

Right now we is down to just us dogs and the bunny Peaches... But we has had: horses, chickens, pigmy goats, pot bellied pigs, kitties (me misses them, but mom won't have any more cuz of the owls and coyotes) and one BIG 600 pound pig! I liked chasing the chickens if they got out, but it was a bad thing to do laugh out loud The horses all moved to Aunt & Uncles house, me left them alone as long as they left me alone. Me would squabble wiff the mini stud horse, but we never hurt each other. But the BIG ugly pig (auntie rescued him) would lift the panels of his pen and take a walk, trying to eat eveyone else's food! Me would help mom herd him back to his pen, no one else was around, and after we got him back in, he would leave again! Auntie thought it was funny until he did it while the business was open big laugh

What was your take on Jimmy when he came to live with you! What about Oscar and Sammy? Are you good pals?

Me thought Jimmy was another of Auntie’s lil dogs that came for a sleep over. Me was used to that. But then he never left big laugh Him was just a punk puppy (him was from the same rescue lady), not so bad, and me just made sure he knew who was top dog. Da Boyz was 4 month old abandoned brothers looking for a home, wandering up to people houses, when the rescue lady came across them. Her knew Auntie was looking for bigger dogs to be watch dogs here (me wasn’t tuff enuff I guess) so here they came! We all gets along really good, we is all fambly now. Since me is the only grrrl the others listen to me. wink Boys should always do what the grrrls say, right?

Describe a typical day?

We gets up and after breffast, me plays wiff my Jolly Ball while mom gets things ready on the days she gots to work. Once we is open, me hangs out wiff mom under the counter on my pillow for a couple of hours. Then mom puts me in the house so me will be more comfy where me naps and chews bones. After we close, all us dogs get let loose and we run around checking things out and doing our business. Then me goes back in the house wiff mom, to chew more bones and watch to make sure the squirrels in the wall don’t come out. Mom goes to water the plants and me plays wiff my Jolly Ball some more. After dinner, we kicks back, me watches the wall, takes a bone away from Jimmy to chew or takes his toy away from him ifs he gets on my nerves laugh out loud Bedtime, me climbs in wiff mom to get my good-night pets and kisses and goes to sleep.

What type of Dog Breed are you?

Me is Australian Cattle Dog and Australian Shepherd mix

How did you get your name?

Reba McIntire had a bit hit on the radio the day her first laid eyes on me. Auntie gave mom some lame excuse to come in and when mom got there Auntie was holding me. She smiled and asked mom what was her gonna name me… All mom had to see what my red coloring on my mask and ears and my blue eyes (ok, one eye is brown wiff blue) and her immediately said Reba cloud 9

Describe your pawsonality!!

Calm but excitable… Friendly to those me knows, cautious with those me don’t… Bossy wiff Jimmy and Da Boyz, then me will give them a kiss just because… Me is happy to just hang out, and me is happy when it’s time to play…

You have been on Dogster for a long time. How did your Mom discover the site? What part of it do you like the best? The least?

Me didn’t like kids (many cattle dogs don’t) and mom was looking for answers to get me to accept them better. It didn’t help when me a was a very young pup, a visiting little kid cornered me and took my toys! She found Dogster’s forums… Me cherishes the friendships me has made, like you and George ? Me don’t like the fleas the site gets on occasion, but then who does?

If you could implement something or change something on Dogster what would it be?

To be able to give out treats (like bones) to your pals right from the threads, like you can other gifts or become pals. We used to be able to do that…

You were one of the founders of DC Magic and planned the Dogster meetup in San Francisco. I was lucky enough to meet you and your mom there! Tell us about your experience.

It was a LONG drive, but mom packed me up and told me I’d be fine and me was… Me is just a simple country dog, so that was a lot for me to handle! Me was nervous, as you seen, but mom thinks me did all right considering. When the picnic was winding down, me got to go play! That was the best cloud 9 Me had never seen so much grass in one place before, much less get to play on it *giggles* Me would love to do something like that again. The first time for anything is always the hardest and now that me knows me was nervous for no good reason, me would have an even better time.

Who is your oldest pal on Dogster and how did you meet?

Me would have to say Bonzer is my oldest and bestest pal… Me met other pups, but Bonzie and me connected. We met at Dogs UNLEASHED when me was a rookie admin hosting games.

Do you like to go for rides in the car? Is there anyplace special that you go?

Me likes to go wiff mom, even if me doesn’t like the ride BOL! Usually we goes to town on errands, but once in a while mom takes me to PetSmart to pick out a new toy or two or three *giggles*

What type of diet are you on?

See food diet! Me sees my food and eats it (kibbles with a little canned food)… Me sees Jimmy didn’t finish his, so me eats it… Me sees Da Boyz didn’t finish theirs, so me eats it too. wink

One of your photos show you at the Anza Days Parade with trophies. Tell us about those.

Our little business entered a float one year in the parade and we gots a Merit Award and an award for the horse and rider who went beside us.

Do you do Agility? Can you tell us a little about this?

Me hasn’t done that in a while, for one reason or another and me only does it at home. Mom made all my jumps and bought me a tunnel and chute. Mom says me is a natural. It took very little for me to understand how the game is played. Next time mom sets up my Agility toys, her has to restrain the other dogs cuz them would get in my way laugh out loud (they does that when me wants to play fetch and them has no clue what we is doing) When us had kitties, me and mom was playing, and when me went through the tunnel, a kitty was in there cuz she wanted to play too! Then her went into the chute and got in my way… Me still needs practice on my poles and mom wishes she had the money to make me a dogwalk and tetter to add to my Agility toys.

What is your very favorite type of toy and why?

BALLS! Me loves a good game of fetch! And if mom is busy doing something else and can’t play wiff me, I chase my Jolly Ball around the property…

I understand you wash your own toys! How do you do this?

Well in warm weather, mom has my pool ready for me to take a dip and cool off. When me gets hot from playing fetch (or Frisbee) me will take the ball wiff me and drop it in the water while me is splashing around. Then me picks it up from the bottom and drops it a few more times. Great fun! Mom says when me plays Frisbee, it’s 10 minutes on dry land and 20 minutes in the pool big laugh

How are you with baths/grooming? Do you like or dislike it?

Me will play in the rain, the snow, in my pool, but me HATES baths! My fur puffs out and me looks like a sheep after a bath cry But me likes getting brushed, which mom does often to keep my shedding down…

Are you a good watchdog?

Me is! Lots of time me will sound the alarm and lead the charge… Then me lets Da Boyz handle it *giggles*

What is your best trait?

My devotion to mom cloud 9

If you have one, what is your worst habit?

Hogging all the bones and wanting them all for myself. It’s my selfish side wink

Do you know many tricks? What kinds?

Let’s see… Sit pretty, Shake, Down, Sit, Stay, C’mere, Speak, High five, Roll over, Spin, Bow, Leave it, Get the (bone, toy, ball), Place (when me has to lay on my pillow), Manners (when me has to get off mom or someone else)… Mom says if me could reach the pedals, she thinks she could teach me to drive laugh out loud

Do you get along with other pups? What about people?

At first meeting, me will get along wiff little dogs almost right away… Depends on the big dog though. Me has been scared by a big dog who trapped me against a tire just because it was too overly friendly. And me likes to get to know peeps at my own pace. Some peeps me likes right away. Ifs them gots treats, me likes them even quicker and will be their friend for life laugh out loud

Do you have any final thoughts or parting words?

Any fambly looking for another pup or kitty should give some serious thought to giving rescues a furever home. It all started wiff me and the local rescue lady, then we took in Sammy, Oscar and Jimmy… Not because we were looking for more, but because we could and they needed a home…

Congratulations again Reba! We are so happy to have you as our FUR OF THE MONTH FOR SEPTEMBER 2012

*Merry pins a RIBBON on her collar*

Now LET'S PLAY BALL!!!!!!!

cheersnoopyapplauseapplausecheersnoopyapplauseapplausecheersnoopyapplauseapplausecheersnoopy
♥- George- P.P.Pie- *SHM*

MERRYBELLE'S- HUSBAND!! SHE IS- MINE!!!

Barked: Sat Sep 1, '12 4:36pm PST 
applauseapplauseapplauseapplausepartyCONGRATULATIONS REBA!!!!partyapplauseapplauseapplause

What a pawsome choice for Fur of the Month for the Doghouse!way to gobig hug Thank you for doing us the honor Reba and it was FUN getting to know so much about you.snoopysnoopypartyhughug

flowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowers

Merry once again you have outdone yourself and are the best of the BEST!way to gokissing Baba WahWah would be envious of you I'm sure!winkhamster dancehamster dancekissing
Cailey Mae

Dance like- there's no- tomorrow

Barked: Sat Sep 1, '12 6:32pm PST 
snoopy HAPPY DANCE,HAPPY DANCE, HAPPY DANCE!snoopy

We are so excited to see that our good furiend Reba is The Doghouse Fur Of The Month! YAY!!!! applause

Loved reading your interview. *psst* I am a see food eater too! *giggles*

Now make sure your family spoiles you all month Reba with extra treats, special snuggle times, extra pets. And heck, if you are not allowed on the furniture you are now!

Kobe and I made up a little something for you....ENJOY!

Congratulations Reba! Enjoy!

Bonzer

I'm a good boy!

Barked: Sat Sep 1, '12 7:01pm PST 
Wow, you're like a celebrity or something laugh out loud

Congratulations Reebs! cheercheercheer

You're right, being dogless is a terrible thing!
Abbie

Counter surfers- get more snacks.

Barked: Sat Sep 1, '12 7:04pm PST 
Congrats Reba cheercheercheercheer
Bailey NWD

Bailey- Blinkerson- Eskiwowow Raiman

Barked: Sun Sep 2, '12 10:45am PST 
Congratulations Reba! applauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplause
Krickette- CGC TDI

Snowbabie from- Idaho

Barked: Sun Sep 2, '12 3:00pm PST 
Reba what a wonderful interview I loved reading about you Congrats getting Fur Of The Month for September 2012 Enjoy being in the spotlight for the whole month.applauseapplausecheercheerdancingdancinghappy dancehappy dance huggs to youbig hug
BUTTERCUP *- Moms Angel- Girl *

BABYGIRL

Barked: Sun Sep 2, '12 5:28pm PST 
cheercheer REBA !!! congrats.. enjoy the spotlight !cheercheer enjoyed reading your interview !
Darby

I love to- FRAP

Barked: Sun Sep 2, '12 7:29pm PST 
cheer happy dance Congratulations Reba! happy dance cheer

Loved reading all about you...600lb pig!!!!!....big enough to ride!big laugh

You sure are special! flowers
Reba

Grrrr's just- wanna have- fun

Barked: Sun Sep 2, '12 9:16pm PST 
*pant pant pant* (and soaking wet from her pool)

Thank you everyone hughughug me has just came in from playing wiff all the balls (silenced Cailey shh ) and me is pooped laugh out loud

yeppers, that pig WAS big enuff to ride! shock Auntie Chris used to sit on him and it made her look even smaller big laughbig laugh Him wasn't a mean pig, but he just wouldn't stay put confused

excuse me now while me does a happy dance happy dancedancing feel free to join me dancing
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2