Close X

Did You KNow ~~~~~~

(Page 747 of 747: Viewing entries 7461 to 7467)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  738  739  740  741  742  743  744  745  746  747  
Molly

Knot Head

Barked: Sun Aug 28, '16 11:03am PST 
applause WOW!! George you always post the most beautiful things!! hi5 applause
Toto

I am a happy- boy.

Barked: Sun Aug 28, '16 2:35pm PST 
Beautiful cloud 9
Sabrina

I am queen of- this house

Barked: Mon Aug 29, '16 3:46am PST 
Georgie I love learning about new things you post here. They are very interesting and some very beautiful. That black bengal and the birds are beautiful

♥- George- P.P.Pie- *SHM*

MERRYBELLE'S- HUSBAND!! SHE IS- MINE!!!

Barked: Mon Aug 29, '16 10:29am PST 
Mom loves learning about new things too and we are happy this thread is interesting to you all. Thanks, I tell my Mom! big hugflowers

DID YOU KNOW? AUGUST 29, 2016

The American Pit Bull Terrier is a companion and family dog breed. Originally bred to “bait” bulls, the breed evolved into all-around farm dogs, and later moved into the house to become “nanny dogs” because they were so gentle around children. Their tenacity, gameness, and courage make them popular competitors in the sports of weight pulling, agility, and obedience competition. The bull breeds are often grossly misunderstood. The qualities that make these dogs tenacious players in obedience and agility games also attract highly unscrupulous people looking for strong competitors for their dog fighting rings. The sorry result is that bull breeds, in particular the APBT, have gained a reputation over recent years for being dangerous. Nothing could be further from the truth. But rampant misinformation and fear caused by the actions of a minority of dogs kept by criminally negligent people have provoked legislation against the breed in a number of cities and countries around the world.cloud 9dogdog
Read more about the American Pit Bull Terrier here... LINK!

The venom of a female black widow spider is more potent than that of a rattlesnake.

The world's smallest winged insect, the Tanzanian parasitic wasp, is smaller than the eye of a housefly.

There are more insects in one square mile of rural land than there are human beings on the entire earth.

Duck-Billed Platypuses are semi-aquatic mammals. They have a body length between 40 and 60 cms (16 - 23.5 inches), a tail length between 8.5 and 15 cms (3.25 - 6 inches), a bill length between 5.2 and 5.8 cms (2 - 2.3 inches) and they weigh between 0.8 and 2.5 Kgs (1.75 - 5.5 lbs). Males are larger than females and there are size variations depending on their location and the season. Males have a horny spur that they can emit venom from while fighting, which is strong enough to kill small animals and cause intense pain to a human. Duck-Billed Platypuses are found in the lakes, streams and rivers of eastern mainland Australia and Tasmania.

Read more about the Duck-Billed Platypuses here... LINK!
Itsumo

Always Playful

Barked: Mon Aug 29, '16 11:14am PST 
applause applause applause applause
Toto

I am a happy- boy.

Barked: Mon Aug 29, '16 5:05pm PST 
way to goway to goway to go
Sabrina

I am queen of- this house

Barked: Tue Aug 30, '16 3:12am PST 
Beautiful dogs and that playtpus is adorable interesting about the black widow spider more poisonous than a rattlesnake hope I don't meet either one
  (Page 747 of 747: Viewing entries 7461 to 7467)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  738  739  740  741  742  743  744  745  746  747