TRIVIA GAME with Prezzies!

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 38)  
1  2  3  4  
Max "The- Million"

Max The Moocher

Barked: Tue May 8, '12 10:32pm PST 
Are any of you on Predesone? That will definately cause behavior changes, not just in dogs and cats, but also our pawparents.
Dr- Scooter~Fore- ver In My- Heart

I love Rufus~ he- is- my BFF!

Barked: Tue May 8, '12 11:38pm PST 
No max, I am not on Predesone. In fact I was on Lasix but was taken off them when they didn't work on the fluid build up from the Congestive Heart Failure. My Dr told mama to take me home and enjoy what time we had left together. My heart has enlarged to the point I go into coughing fits and can hardly breath. He told mama that one day I will just go to sleep and take my journey to the Bridge. My breathing is getting harder to breathe and sometimes I keep myself awake from the noise. I gag when I cough.

Grandma Dutchess also was never on Predesone. She was on Lasix for a while but it stopped working so the Dr took her off it. She also went into coughing spells. We both have/had to take a prescription cough meds. It works for a while to ease it a little.

Edited by author Tue May 8, '12 11:41pm PST

Dutchess- Storm ~ILM

My Precious- Angel. I miss- you so.

Barked: Wed May 9, '12 1:32am PST 
I decided to use a picture of me so you could see what I look like at 39 pounds. It is rather hard to see me so if you click on my picture it will take you to my page and you can really see it good. I looked like I was expecting 8 babies. That was the Cushings. My Scooter is now gaining weight. She is almost 20 pounds. She was a 10 pound young lady. She was always a small girl. But I am so worried that she is going to end up looking like I did. Mama doesn't know how to get the weight off. Scooter doesn't eat much at all. I need to get her tested for Diabetes. She is drinking a lot of water and that is a good sign.

In loving- memory- *Madde*

YAY YAY YAY

Barked: Wed May 9, '12 7:57am PST 
I am not on any meds other than insulin. Momma cant afford the tests for Cushings so they wont put me on meds for it unless they know for sure. But I have a lot of the symptoms. I started gaining weight and got fatter and fatter and fatter. Then I got diabetes, that made me loose 6 pounds in less than a month. I was drinking a LOT and peeing a LOT. Since they up'd my insulin dose I have not been drinking and peeing as much. I still have a bit of a pot belly. Momma thinks I might be getting joint problems because sometimes when I'm standing up on my hind legs to get momma, my legs give out and I fall down.
Dutchess- Storm ~ILM

Barked: Wed May 9, '12 2:29pm PST 
Madde, that is the problem I also had with the Drs. Unless I went through all the testing they wouldn't put me on meds for Cushings but by the time my Dr got me, she "knew" that was what I had but I was so advanced she said that the meds that I would have to take would be cost prohibitive and she said I was to advanced for them to work. My liver totally shut down by then. It would be wonderful if the Vets would make these tests affordable. It is a disgrace to allow us to suffer so. Some would say that our health has taken a back seat to the money. I am so sorry that you are having to go through what you are and there really isn't anything your mommy can do but keep you comfortable and love you. Some day we can only hope that there will be a cure but again, the cure will cost a human their lives. If they had a cure when I was alive, mama would give her life to save me just as your mama would for you. Tell your mama that our mama is here for her even just to vent if she wants to. Sometimes it helps to know someone who went through Cushings and the side affects it attacks. Like the heart, liver, Diabetes. Madde, you and your mama have a strong support group to lean on.

Our heart goes out to you and your mama. We can only pray that the tests and the treatment will come down in price so we can get the help we need. New treatments come along all the time. This is a good place to find out what they are.

You can see by my picture how much weight I had gained. I got up to 39 pounds. Now that is a lot for any small breed pup.

Love and Prayers to you sweetheart
Grandma Dutchess
Max "The- Million"

Max The Moocher

Barked: Fri May 18, '12 8:17pm PST 
Have any of you tried Joint medication, that your parents can get at a regular pharmacy? It is ok for dogs to take.
Dutchess- Storm ~ILM

Barked: Fri May 25, '12 5:06pm PST 
What kind Max? We will try anything that has a chance to help my Scooter. She takes Pet Tab Vitamins. They all do. And they have 1/2 calcium 2X's a day. We get Iron drops 2X's a week.
Max "The- Million"

Max The Moocher

Barked: Tue Jul 3, '12 8:23am PST 
Go to your pharmacy in the over the counter shelves where you can find the Joint and Arthrietis meds. It is Glucocimien in it along with two other things. Ask your Pharmaciest, to show you the Joint and Arthrities meds.

Max
  (Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 38)  
1  2  3  4