Lucian's Journey with Addison's Disease

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Lucian

Lil Wild Man

Barked: Sun Apr 22, '12 3:10pm PST 
I thought I would start my own thread starting with my first diary entry when I was diagnosed and keep track of all updates here.

If any other fur comes in with Addison's Disease they can introduce themselves and we will make them a thread to to follow their story.

This is how it all started with me...

On Friday April 13,2012 I was not feeling well and daddy took me to the vet. Well they said I had a cold and sent me home with antibiotics...mom says I wonder how he got that? It just was not sitting well with her..ya know that mommy instinct. See, she has been wonderin about me for awhile now. It seems that I was always getting infections. She wondered about my immune system and it seemed I was always catchin something and on antibiotics. Well...lets get back to Friday, I would not eat and it seemed if I was not feeling well that maybe I would not eat. The vet called in the evening and said I was looking a little thin and mom agreed, I had been only pickin at my food all that week but still eating some. As of Friday I stopped completely. Mommy cooked me all kind of delicious meals but I would not eat, daddy tried to make me eat different things but I would still not eat, they knew something was wrong. By Sunday I looked bad and I went to the ER with daddy by my side. They gave me 2 bags of IV drip and did lots of bloodwork. As the vet was reading the labs, she expected Addison's Disease right away.

******Addison's Disease is an endocrine disorder that occurs when the adrenal glands above the kidneys fail to produce the hormones to keep the body functioning normally. It is fatal if untreated******

She started me on prednisone right away and I came home feeling not much better. I did not eat Sunday and when Monday came around I ate just a little of my meals.

Tuesday morning April 17th 2012 we got the definate diagnosis from the outside lab. It is confirmed Addison's Disease. So daddy took me up for my first treatment right away. I will get a monthly injections of Percortin V forever and ever and possibly a daily prednisone. This will all take care of what my body is not producing. I have been eating much better since the first treatment. My appetite is coming back.

I was a sick pup by Sunday and I have a long road ahead of me to gain the weight back I lost and to get my system stable. But, of course, mom and dad are going to get me all the treatment I need. This is all just happening so fast. Please keep me in your prayers to get back to normal again. The pawrent heads have been spinning. They have so much to learn about this.

If there is any pup out there who has this, please contact me and mom as she would love to talk and learn with someone. She is so hopeful and with treatment I can have a normal happy life.

I am going to live a long time with lots of love. As we learn more, we will share more. I will keep you all up to date on my progress.
Abbie

Counter surfers- get more snacks.

Barked: Sun Apr 22, '12 5:39pm PST 
Thank you for the update Lucian hughughug
Krickette- CGC TDI

Snowbabie from- Idaho

Barked: Sun Apr 22, '12 6:33pm PST 
We are so happy Lucian that you are feeling better and eating again the injection and daily pred. is very fast in working once Babs was on the right meds her immune system had truly improved. She wasn't as lucky as you they diagnosed you very quickly and started treatment very fast. Also the addisons test can give you a false reading and read negative when its positive they had to give Babs 2 tests before the true reading appeared. She had lost half her body weight she had to stay in the hospital for two weeks before they would release her but with the wonderful staff Drs. at Washington State college in the animal school they were able to give back her happy life. Lucian you are going to do great. Being young and other wards your healthy you have a very good and long life ahead of you.way to go Were here for you buddydancingdancing

Rosie (In- Loving- Memory)

Wosie Woo

Barked: Sun Apr 22, '12 7:09pm PST 
Thanks Lucian for your updates! Keep us updated buddy! We love you kiddo! blue dog

Krickett, thanks for your input, you sure are an asset to this group!

Love,

Rosie
Lucian

Lil Wild Man

Barked: Mon Apr 23, '12 2:19pm PST 
Thank you for joining in Krickette and telling your story about Babs hug Sharing these stories is so important flowers thank you hug

I have been eating all my food real good now and my poops are A-OK way to go I can start mixing my regular food in with the special tummy food in another day to get my belly adjusted again. Then I am good to go!
Lucian

Lil Wild Man

Barked: Mon Apr 23, '12 2:46pm PST 
Ok I am so excited blue dog I gots a package shock

I said...

Is this for me??

It is from Auntie Freya big hug

Thank you so much!

Check it out Abby, I gots a package!

Check out the pawsome..

Goodies!

I got a toy to play with and some yummy treats happy dance those are the kind of treats I get every morning when I get up blue dog I like them way to go

I got a no stuffy

Skunk

I love these!

Since I feel better today I had a blast playing with it blue dog

Fun!

Thank you so much Freya happy dance happy dance I love my pressies hug
Krickette- CGC TDI

Snowbabie from- Idaho

Barked: Mon Apr 23, '12 3:43pm PST 
Lucian glad your doing better eating and taking care of business in a normal way your responding to your meds and injection YAY! I bet your pawrents are really relieved good for youway to gocheercheer Look at all those treats and pressies you got from your aunt you lucky boyway to go You will share your toys and treats with Abby rightlaugh out loudlaugh out loud those are great pictures thanks for sharing happy dancehappy dancebig hugkissing
Abbie

Counter surfers- get more snacks.

Barked: Mon Apr 23, '12 6:35pm PST 
Wow, love your presents. hug
Lucian

Lil Wild Man

Barked: Tue Apr 24, '12 2:15pm PST 
wave pals...I sure do share with Abby, we love to play together blue dog

I am doing good..trying to get off the special food starting tomorrow - gonna do a 50/50 mix to get back into it. Poops are still good too way to go

Abby was sniffing me and pushing me away that Sunday when I went to the ER...that really proved to mom that I was in bad shape frown but now she is being good with me, wanting to play and stuff again blue dog blue dog so we are all doing pretty good big grin
♥Our- Angel- Jake♥

Born to have- fun!!!!!!

Barked: Tue Apr 24, '12 3:19pm PST 
wave furs Lucian we are so happy that your injection and prednisone is making you feel betterhug We have been praying fur you buddybig hug Wonderful that your eating too! I think your sis had a feeling that you were not feeling well.cry Us pups know these thingscry Love your pressie that you got from your auntie Luciansnoopysnoopy I'm glad you are sharing with your sisway to goway to go Fur my abby girl a bigkissingkissingkissingkissing:xoeek)
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4