Sharing your Thoughts!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Mr. Smokey- Bowers

DJ of The Alley- Cats!

Barked: Sat Apr 21, '12 9:14pm PST 
Please share your expereinces of dealing with Cushions Disease, of course when you feel comfortable. Family and friends are urged to post also!
Dr- Scooter~Fore- ver In My- Heart

I love Rufus~ he- is- my BFF!

Barked: Sun Apr 22, '12 12:25am PST 
Smokey, I wouldn't wish Cushing's Disease on my worst enemy if I had one. I have had it for four years now. I was a slim and trim woman and now I am weighing 18 pounds. Three different times I was put on Lasix but they didn't work. Mama put me on special foods and it didn't make any difference. I think now the worst problem I have is Congestive Heart Failure. I have so much fluid in me that I sound like a coffee pot finishing up perking. I gag when I get into my coughing spells. The Cough meds don't work and they are RX.

My job here is to keep the furs groomed. Grandma Dutchess had that job but when she went to the Bridge, I went forward and followed in her paw steps. Some days I am so exhausted I hide to be alone.

I know this group is for Cushing's Disease. Do you know if there is a group for Congestive Heart Failure? With as many on Dogster that has Cushing's Disease your group will fill up fast.
Mr. Smokey- Bowers

DJ of The Alley- Cats!

Barked: Sun Apr 22, '12 2:23pm PST 
Scooter, it must be very trying dealing with all the trials you go through, not only with Cushings Disease but also with Congestive Heart Failure. I will send Roxie on a Mission, to look up if there is group for Congestive Heart Failuresmile

We Love You! flowersflowersflowers

Dr- Scooter~Fore- ver In My- Heart

I love Rufus~ he- is- my BFF!

Barked: Sun Apr 22, '12 4:46pm PST 
Thank you Smokey. You know, I think I would rather just have a triple dose of the Cushings Disease. With that I just loose my girlish figure and at my age who cares big laugh The Congestive Heart Failure is the scariest of any disease because it robs you of you air supply. But since I have both, I need to learn everything I can and how to minimize the effects. There is no cure so we need to put our heads together and find a way to be able to deal with it.

My Vet put me on Laxic (sp) for five months and I kept building up the fluid. I am surprised I didn't slosh when I walked. Did anyone else take those pills and have good luck with them. What else did your Dr try?
Roxie

Foxie Roxie!

Barked: Sun Apr 22, '12 5:34pm PST 
Awww Scooter. hug

Well I found some information on Congestive Heart Failure in the Dogster Forum. Over 365 messages. Here is the link, I hope it is helpful!

http://www.dogster.com/forums/search/index.php?search_st ring=Congestive+Heart+Failure&st=quicksearch

Roxie
Dutchess- Storm ~ILM

My Precious- Angel. I miss- you so.

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '12 4:51pm PST 
Roxie, it seems we have members not only have Cushings Disease. They have Congestive Heart Failure and Liver shut downs. All of these I had before I went to the Bridge. For the ones that are having problems with their liver, there is a medicine that can help it. It is spendy but us who are afflicted with all of these diseases we are called needy patients because they are ongoing and not curable. Then there are those of us that end up with Diabetes. I was on the Liver meds and they didn't catch it soon enough so the meds didn't help.

If all of us form a support group family, it will help us to get through the rough times. No one needs to be alone. For our mommies it is very scary because they feel helpless. Mama Nancy watched me go down and was sure it was my time but time and time again I rallied. I beat every spell that hit me. But even the toughest of pups have their limit.

Every input will be so helpful and knowing there are others out there that are facing the same thing mama Nancy faced with me and now having to face it with my grand daughter Scooter. Each pup is different and these disease's affect each pup different. So when you write & tell us how it is affecting you, it will give us some important info. There is NEVER stupid statements or Question. It helps to have support. So everyone, I may not have all the answers but I do have a strong shoulder and I have good ears to listen. I will be here for all of you. Together we can make life just a little bit easier.

Hugs and Much Love hug
Dutchess & Scooter & mama Nancy
Max "The- Million"

Max The Moocher

Barked: Sat Apr 28, '12 1:37pm PST 
Grandma Dutchess,

Thank you so much! You hear that pups and kitties? You have someone who has been through the long road of the disease. Please feel free to ask qestions, or just let us know what is happening with you! We are here for you!

Love,

Maxhug
Sugar

Sugar Girl

Barked: Tue May 1, '12 6:03pm PST 
Hi Everyone, I was wondering what the liver medicine was called that you were on Dutchess? I seem ok but I do have diabetes and take insulin. I only had one test that came back high and that was the liver test. I take a suppliment called Denamarin. They say it help the liver. But it is not a medicine. It is a suppliment. I know Mama loves me and that helps me so much. Thank you for this nice group!hug
Dutchess- Storm ~ILM

My Precious- Angel. I miss- you so.

Barked: Wed May 2, '12 5:26pm PST 
Sugar sweetie, I never knew the name of the Meds for the liver. What happened was the Vet needed to put me on that med but it was so expensive. He went to his room where all the meds are stored and came back with a bottle of huge pills. He had prescribed them to another fur but before that poor soul could use them, he went to the Bridge. He told me that this baby's mama brought the meds back and asked that they be given to another fur with Liver Failure. So he gave them to me. Mama started crying that someone that had just lost her baby would give such a gift from her heart. On Payday mama Nancy went to the Clinic (she took me with her) and gave them some money to put on that wonderful mommy's acct. I took the meds but the Dr said they weren't working. That my liver had shut down. I am sure Sugar that your Dr will know what it is. They were brown tablets. The label was removed from the bottle before it was given to me. My Vet was amazed how long I lived with no liver function. It just wasn't my time to go.

Sugar sweetie, do you still have some function of your liver? How is your food doing for you? If you have ANY problems with the liver, you need to keep on top of it. You don't want it to stop functioning. Have your mama keep in close contact with your Dr. I also was tested and found to be full blown Diabetic. My blood sugars were over 500. Mama knew something was wrong when I drank water like there was going to be none tomorrow and as fast as I drank it, it came out the back end. I had just had a test five months before and the test was perfect. So it goes to show everyone just how fast something can take over our bodies.

Edited by author Wed May 2, '12 5:30pm PST

Sugar

Sugar Girl

Barked: Thu May 3, '12 9:00pm PST 
Oh Dutchess thank you for the information. so far so good. I am not drinking a lot at all. I just seem normal. Mom will check out the pills at the vet and see what she says.way to go
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3