Introduce Yourselves!

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 39)  
1  2  3  4  
Angel Ollie- ILM

Captain Ollie

Barked: Fri Jun 1, '12 7:54pm PST 
Zak, thank You! Yes, over the years, you might say, I have gained alot of wisdom. MOL!

No, the meds are only $19.00 every 2 months. Very managable for Mama! I have been hanging out with Mama all night. She has been hugging me alotsmile We are a pair!

Love,

Ollie
Zak (7/20/01- - 5/15/13)

Ready for the- clubhouse!

Barked: Sat Jun 2, '12 4:03am PST 
Ollie,

I do know how those Moms love to hug.

Zak
Sammy Sue

so very very- very cute

Barked: Sat Jun 2, '12 4:21am PST 
Hi! I'm Sammy Sue. I am a formerly feral kitten. Mom heard about me and had the people who were ignoring me, hoping I would just "disappear" I guess, brought to Mom's barn. I ran off to the house behind the barn. They had chickens and I would stalk them. I was so small that they just laughed, put out kitty food, and named me Sam the Sniper. Eventually I would let myself be pet. They brought me back to Mom's barn, discovered I was female, and named me Sammy Sue.

Mom had all the vet work done, feeds and loves me. I am mostly an outside cat and I LOVE to hunt and display my kill nearly daily on her porches. happy dance I do come in some nights and days but always want back outside. You know the squirrels, bunnies, and birds are out there....at least the ones I allowed to catch.

Mom does have an indoor litter trained rabbit and two birds who stay inside but they are family and I can't eat them.

I stayed small. It is probably from not eating right when I was little. (stupid people) I run from new people and leave the house as soon as possible if anyone comes in. However I do love my Mom, dog, and brother cat. Parrot is stupid. Rabbit likes me but I am pretty neutral about him.

That's my intro. And I don't have Cushings Disease. I am just here to support my brother, Zak.

Edited by author Sat Jun 2, '12 4:24am PST

PEEK A BOO

I AM THE BOSS - THE SHERIFF

Barked: Mon Jun 4, '12 7:05am PST 
In 2005 I was wrongly diagnosed with Cushings - on a second opinion with another vet I was tested again (with low ACH Level) and the first vet was mistaken
Again in 2007 this same vet said that I had Cushings and she didn´t want to take care of me since I should have treated it in 2005 , so we went to the second vet and I was re-tested again and the result was negative again
I can only imagine if I had started on Prednisone ! I sent her my test results to end the dispute
She gave me during the test high level of ACH and the second vet said that with a higher dose it would test positive
To begin with she just tested me for Cushing due to my allergies and to my big belly which I have since I was a little baby
Zak (7/20/01- - 5/15/13)

Barked: Mon Jun 4, '12 2:43pm PST 
I'm confused now. Do you have Cushings or not? It sorta sounds like you initially thought you did but now you don't. shrug
PEEK A BOO

Barked: Tue Jun 5, '12 3:23am PST 
No , I don't have Cushing as it was previously diagnosed -it has been 7 years since but I want to share my experience with the group so most of our furfriends get a wrong diagnose and start taking those heavy medicine . A second opinion and another test is always the best decision
Zak (7/20/01- - 5/15/13)

Barked: Tue Jun 5, '12 3:07pm PST 
Ahhhh. That does make sense.
Mr. Smokey- Bowers

DJ of The Alley- Cats!

Barked: Tue Jul 3, '12 8:15am PST 
As you know, Doctors aren't perfect! My Vet diagnoised one of our Cats with FIP and we had to treat all our cats, at that time which was 12, twice a day for 6 months. Then they did another test, come to find out our cat never had it to begin with! So it does happen.
PEEK A BOO

Barked: Thu Jul 5, '12 6:59am PST 
Yes , it is so true ! but I wish they didn´t make mistakes that could threaten our lives
thank you for sharing your experience with us
  (Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 39)  
1  2  3  4