NOURISHING YOUR SPIRIT

(Page 1 of 20: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  
Amazing- Grace

Princess of the- Ponderosa

Barked: Sun Jan 1, '12 9:00am PST 
This devotional will replace the thread called the Devotionals of 2011. We will continue to feature authors well known to this group.wink It is our desire
to assist you in nourishing your spirit with the
Word of God. STARTED JAN.1,2012....

MAY GOD PROTECT,PROVIDE AND GUIDE YOU THROUGH YOUR DAYS.
GOD BLESS ALL,
AMAZING GRACE (a.k.a.-Mazy)
kissingbig hugkissing
Amazing- Grace

Barked: Sun Jan 1, '12 10:11am PST 
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY

January 1
Thick and Thin

In my distress I cried to the LORD, and He heard me. Psalms 120:1 (NKJV)
Have you ever had one of those experiences where it feels like you just came down from the mountaintop? You know, the kind where you've just gone through something great, glorious, and grand…only to find yourself in a situation that's the exact opposite? For every mountain peak there's a valley below, and if life teaches us anything, it's that we seldom experience one without the other.
Psalm 120 is a Psalm that typifies coming down from the mountaintop. If you take a look at the previous Psalm, Chapter 119, you'll see it was a summit of spiritual experience. Verse after verse, it's a song about how wonderful and sufficient God's Word is. It doesn't get much better than that! Now notice how Psalm 120 starts. No longer is the Psalmist standing on top of the world; now he's in the valley of distress, in the depths of despair.

But we can't miss the one constant. Even in the pit of anguish, the Lord is there. He's there for the Psalmist to cry out to, and He's there to hear and respond.

That's an important observation for us to make, because it reminds us that God is not just the God of the mountaintop, but of the valley below as well. He's with us through thick and thin, regardless of our environment and circumstances.

So where are you at this very moment? Are you standing on top of the world spiritually, are you in the valley of distress, or are you somewhere in between? Wherever you are, be encouraged in knowing you have a constant companion who will walk with you to the highest height and stand by your side in the lowest of lows. Through thick and thin, the Lord is always there for you.

Lord of the mountain and of the valley, thank you for always being with us. Thank you for never leaving or forsaking us and for guiding us every step of the way.
Think About It…
What does this passage reveal to me about God?
What does this passage reveal to me about myself?
Based on this, what changes do I need to make?
What is my prayer for today?
God Bless All,Mazykissinghugkissing
Amazing- Grace

Barked: Mon Jan 2, '12 6:29am PST 
welcomewelcomewelcomeand good morningwavewavewavewave
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY
January 2
Our Sleepless Savior
Behold, He who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. Psalms 121:4 (NKJV)

According to the Center for Sleep Health, the average person spends approximately one-third of his lifetime sleeping. That's a lot of time for us to be completely defenseless and vulnerable. Actually, it's amazing to ponder just how prone and susceptible we are as human beings! The very way that we've been designed—with our built-in need to sleep for approximately one-third of each 24-hour period—really wakes us up to how weak we are.

What if that's the whole point? What if God, when He fashioned and formed us, gave us this particular need to sleep and be vulnerable so that He could teach us to trust Him to watch over us when we can't watch over ourselves?

Think it through. Our need to sleep is also an invitation to trust in the promise given here in Psalm 121:4. The Psalmist reminds us that unlike us, God never slumbers or sleeps. He's awake and alert every minute of every day, including the one-third of our lifetime when we're incapable of protecting ourselves. We're constantly covered under His diligent and unceasing watch, and He invites us to trust Him in this.

So what effect should this have in our lives? What should the sleeplessness of our Savior produce in us? Rest! The National Sleep Foundation recently found that seventy-four percent of those polled reported having some sort of sleep disorder or abnormality, with anxiety being a major factor.

But when a person knows that God is keeping guard over him at all times, it limits anxiety and enables the deep rest that escapes so many. We have a sleepless Savior, and because we do, we can sleep easy.

Eternal and merciful Father, we rejoice in knowing that you never take a break from watching over us. Help us to truly rest in that reality.

Think About It…
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZY
kissinghugkissing

Abby - Forever- Loved

Forever loved- (January- 2001-August- 2012)

Barked: Tue Jan 3, '12 5:47am PST 
hughughug
Amazing- Grace

Barked: Tue Jan 3, '12 7:49am PST 
wavewavewavewavewavewave
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY

January 3
Friend or Foe?
I was glad when they said to me, "Let us go into the house of the LORD." Psalms 122:1 (NKJV)
There are two possible relationships a person can have with God. A person is either God's friend or he is God's foe. "Wait, that's not totally true. I know people who are sort of in the middle. They don't consider themselves to be friends with God, but they aren't really foes, either."

While that might be a sincere assessment, it's neither accurate nor biblical. God's Word clearly says we are enemies with God until we place our trust and faith in His Son, Jesus Christ (Romans 5:10). When we do, a cease-fire is declared, and an abiding, peace-filled friendship with God is established (John 15:15 and Romans 5:1).

But it's one or the other. You're either a friend or a foe; there is no neutral ground. And your relationship status will be revealed by your attitude about being in His presence. If you're a friend, there's going to be great gladness, just as the Psalmist expressed at the thought of going to the house of the Lord. But if you're on the foe's side of the ledger, the thought of standing in God's presence will bring great sadness, fear, or disinterest.

One day, all of us are going to stand before our Maker and give an account of our lives to Him. What happens in your heart when you think about that? Does it produce the gladness that comes from being in the presence of a life-long friend? Does it frighten you as it would if you came face to face with a foe? Or do you shrug your shoulders and not feel anything?

God doesn't want to meet us as a foe but as a friend. And we will if we take Him at His Word, trusting that His Son came into our world to die on our behalf, paid the penalty for our sin, rose from the dead, and now lives to see us saved.

Friend above all friends, we ask You to use us to bring others into friendship and fellowship with You.

Think About It…
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZY
hugkissingdog walk
Amazing- Grace

Barked: Wed Jan 4, '12 8:35am PST 
wavewavewaveeveryone!cheercheercheercheerbeautiful weather here on the ND prairie...50 yesterday,48-50 for today and 55-58 on Thursday......big grin
we are loving it..........It is the 4th. of Jan.wink

ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY
(TODAY THE NEW DEVOTIONAL WASN'T RECEIVED.THE SAME DEVOTIONAL AS YESTERDAY WAS SENT) SO WE WILL SUBSTITUTE GREG LAURIE TODAY...smile

HARVEST
GREG LAURIE
Keep Moving!
“Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works. . . .” (Revelation 2hi5)v.5
When we hear the word “backslider,” we think of someone who completely abandons their faith and turns their back on God. And certainly a person who does this could be classified as a backslider. But I would suggest there might be some people who are backsliding and aren’t even aware of it.
No one plans on backsliding. You don’t call up your Christian friend and say, “Hey, want to backslide tonight? Pick you up at 7:00. What do you say?” No, that is not what happens. Backsliding happens subtly, and often it happens gradually. In fact, it may be so subtle that you may not even know that it is actually taking place. The Bible warns about this and tells us that one of the signs of the end times is that people will fall away from the faith (see 1 Timothy 4:1).
God says that if we have backslidden, we should return to Him (see Jeremiah 3:22). And Jesus told the church in Ephesus, “Remember therefore from where you have fallen” (Revelation 2hi5). v.5
Are you in a fallen state today? Are you in the process of backsliding? You are either going forward in Christ, or you are going backward. You are either progressing, or you are regressing. And the moment you put your walk with Christ into neutral, you will find yourself going in the wrong direction.
I read about a sign at the end of a runway that reads, “Keep moving. If you stop, you are in danger and a danger to those flying.” The same warning can be applied to the Christian life: Keep moving. If you stop, you are in danger and a danger to others.
So don’t rest on your laurels. Don’t live in the past. We need to be constantly growing as followers of Jesus.
Summary sentence: We need to be constantly growing as followers of Christ.
Tags: Repentance, backsliding
GOD BLESS ALL,MAZY
kissingflowersbig hug

The spiritual food in this devotional is so TRUE! If you are not progressing in Christ, you are regressing...People are CONTENT to be LUKEWARM about their Faith...This is a dangerous slope.thinking We should check our Hearts often to see where we are?wink

Edited by author Wed Jan 4, '12 8:44am PST

Amazing- Grace

Barked: Thu Jan 5, '12 8:16am PST 
wavewavewavewavewavewave
ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY

January 5
If it had not been the Lord…
"If it had not been the LORD…" Psalms 124:1 (NKJV)
In context, Psalm 124 is a song of praise about how God supernaturally delivered Israel from all of her enemies. But pay close attention to how it starts out: "If it had not been the LORD…"
Why is that so significant to note? It's significant because it's the Psalmist's way of saying, "Before I go on to describe Israel's triumph over her enemies, I want to give credit where credit is due. Before I go anywhere, I want everyone to know that none of what follows could have ever happened if it weren't for God."
Now, in this case we're talking about Israel's deliverance from her surrounding rival nations. But pull back and look at the statement with a wider lens: "If it had not been the LORD.…" Each of us, in our own way, can finish that sentence.

"If it had not been the LORD, I never would have overcome my addiction."

"If it had not been the LORD, I couldn't have forgiven that person who wounded me."

"If it had not been the LORD, I wouldn't know what real love and acceptance is."
"If it had not been the LORD, I would have had no hope of being a good parent."
"If it had not been the LORD, I probably wouldn't be alive."
"If it had not been the LORD…"
The point is simply this: All of us can finish this sentence in a very specific and personal way because all of us need the Lord in our own unique way. What's more, He and He alone deserves all the credit for the good that takes place in our lives.
Take a moment today to consider how you'd complete the sentence. Then thank the Lord for what He's done in your life.

If it had not been You, Lord…
Think About It…

GOD BLESS ALL,MAZY
kissinghugkissing
Abby - Forever- Loved

Forever loved- (January- 2001-August- 2012)

Barked: Thu Jan 5, '12 9:11am PST 
hughughug
Amazing- Grace

Barked: Fri Jan 6, '12 7:31am PST 
morning Abby....it's so quiet here.no one around.... wavewavewavewave
glad to see ya........kissinghugkissing
Amazing- Grace

Barked: Fri Jan 6, '12 7:35am PST 
wavewavewavewavemorning and a big welcomewelcomewelcomeit was 59 here yesterday.... set state records in weatherwink

ACTIVE WORD
BOB COY

January 6
That "one thing"
Those who trust in the LORD are like Mount Zion, which cannot be moved, but abides forever. Psalms 125:1 (NKJV)
If you could have that "one thing" on your life's resume, if God showed up and gave you a blank check that you could fill in with absolutely anything, what would it be? Would it be unending wealth, unparalleled prestige, or an unsurpassed intellect? Would it be an experience, an object, or an insight? Really…what would that "one thing" be?
This isn't one of those questions where there's no right or wrong answer. There is an answer to this that's so right, so sure, that each of us needs to know it. If there's "one thing" we could ever want for ourselves, let it be trust, trust in the Lord, the kind of trust that we see here in Psalm 125:1.
In the original Hebrew language, the word here for "trust" conveys the image of leaning against something with all of one's weight. The idea is a complete confidence in the abilities of another thing or person. That kind of confidence in God is more valuable and precious than anything we could ever own or experience in this life.
When we trust in the Lord, we become as sure, solid, and stable as a mountain. Keep in mind that in biblical times mountains represented the ultimate and most extreme example available in the natural world. It's as if the Psalmist is saying here that when a person trusts in the Lord, he's truly arrived and can't do any better than that.
Above all things, we ought to value a genuine and confident trust in the Lord. It's the one thing that assures us permanence and stability not only in this life, but also in the life to come.
God, grant us an ever-increasing trust and confidence in You that's more valuable to us than any and every other thing in this world.

Think About It…

GOD BLESS ALL,MAZY
kissinghugsnoopy
  (Page 1 of 20: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20