Why the bad reputation?!

Ruby

Barked: Fri Sep 16, '11 8:28am PST 
It makes me so cross when people hear that we have a Jack Russell and they instantly react with "ooh nasty little buggars aren't they?!"

NO!!!! naughty

Where has this idea that Jack Russells are nasty come from?!?! Granted it doesn't help when Im with Ruby and She snaps at their dogs nose if she's on the leash but generally she's fab!! Loves children and squeeky toys and playing fetch. She's a sweetie!!

Does anyone else get this reaction to their Jack Russell?? Does it make you want to bop them over the head too?!
Oscar

Oscar - Hyper little- fuzz ball

Barked: Wed Nov 30, '11 4:36pm PST 
I usually get the response "They're super hyper aren't they?" YES! At least mine is. But he is a good boy and listens (most of the time). He is very smart and well worth any mayhem he may cause. It takes a patient loving person to raise any dog, not just a Jack Russel.
Denny

Life is run,- hunt and play

Barked: Tue Jul 17, '12 4:02am PST 
Most other dog owners are sympathetic and say they could never own a Jack Russell as they are too hyper. Sorry, but that is part of Denny's attraction. In the house he is very calm but outside he is constantly in "action". Curious about anything and everything. He loves to run and in a field with high grass he more resembles a rabbit or kangaroo with his high leaps while running. Funny to watch. Great dog. Since I am almost 69 I must admit that it is sometimes tough to keep up with our pooch but my wife and I would not trade him for any other dog. No way!