Seizures and Pyrs?

Polar Bear

Barked: Sat Jun 4, '11 8:15pm PST 
Polar Bear has been having seizures for about a year and a half. They started happening about every two to three weeks. He's been on pheno barb for a year and recently we added some potassium bromide and they've gotten farther apart in the last month. Some days he's almost his old silly self; other days all he does is eat and sleep. Has anyone else had this problem with a Pyr?

Susan,
Polar Bear's mom
Fleetwood- Mac

Go your own way!-

Barked: Sat Jul 23, '11 2:50pm PST 
Yessss, we have just had our 5th seizure. They just started. Every 2 to 2.5 weeks around 6am. They last about a minute. He was perfectly healthy prior. He had his 5th one yesterday morning. I am trying to avoid putting him on medication because I've heard that 1 or 2 a month is a success story with the Pheno. I've been trying to rule out environmental causes too. I'd love to compare notes with you. We are so upset about this.
I am sorry your dog is having them but I was hoping I could find someone else who has the same problem to see if we might find a common thread. A number of people in my town have said their dogs have suddenly started having seizures which seems really odd to me. Is it in the water?! Any information you have to share would be greatly appreciated.