Dog problems??

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Sable

Barked: Sun Apr 10, '11 5:56pm PST 
Having any dog problems?? Just ask me and I will do what I can to help. If its a habit,a problem, or anything in that catagory I can and will Help!!big grin Oh, and tell me how it goes!

Edited by author Fri Apr 15, '11 4:09pm PST

Titan

I\'m not fat I- am just fluffy!

Barked: Mon Apr 11, '11 12:41pm PST 
Me (titan) I go into the trash, and my owners get mad when I do.
Sable

Barked: Mon Apr 11, '11 1:35pm PST 
Here is some ways to get your mom or dad to stop getting mad at you...... Sometimes you may want something different to eat and the best place to find free food is the garbage. You do not know that it is not allowed access to the garbage because the garbage seems to be there for it. For example, when your mom or dad puts your food on the ground for you to eat, you happily eat it, so you think the garbage is there for the same reason.

For your owner:
1. ( way to stop your dog )
If you do not want to buy a new garbage can, there is another effective way to handle this problem, just use some bleach. Get any kind of bleach from the grocery store and pour it into your trash bag after you put in some trash. You do not want to pour it directly on bag, on the outside or the inside, because the dog may eat the bag to break into it. After you pour about ΒΌ cup of bleach into the bag, place the trash bag in its normal spot and wait until your dog goes to it. Once the dog gets a smell of the bleach, it will get far away from the smell in the bag. If these methods do not work for your dog, you can always hide the trash from the dog until the garbage truck arrives.

2.If you have some free time, you can set your dog up and teach it a lesson about tearing your trash. Busy people come home to trash that has already been ripped by their dog and after seeing this, they yell at their pet. The problem is that the dog does not know why its being yelled it; it has to be yelled at while it is doing wrong. Whenever you get some free time, set your trash out as usual and wait until your dog bites, then tell it to stop. This method will take a while, but the dog will get the idea over time.

I hope this helps!
big grin

Edited by author Mon Apr 11, '11 1:36pm PST

Titan

I\'m not fat I- am just fluffy!

Barked: Mon Apr 11, '11 3:16pm PST 
WOW you are good I will try that!!!
Sable

Barked: Mon Apr 11, '11 3:42pm PST 
Thanks1big grin
Gretchen- ♥&hea- rts;

GRETCHEN IS- COOL!

Barked: Tue Apr 12, '11 12:33pm PST 
Your welcome!!
Lulu

I might be small- but i have big- idea's

Barked: Tue Apr 12, '11 10:34pm PST 
Hi sable great advice, mum wants to know how to get me to sleep on my own bed instead of mummy's bed, i'ts mummy's fauly cause when i was a puppy i cryed and cryed and she took me to bed with her and now i won' t sleep in my own bed'.
Ta.
Sable

Barked: Wed Apr 13, '11 1:25pm PST 
If your dog is already used to sleeping in your bed, the first thing you need to do get them *off* that at night. The best way to do this is just keep them out of your bedroom at night. Place their dog bed right outside your door. Be warned, most dogs will whine and scratch at the door a lot the first couple of nights. Do NOT open the door. This will only teach them that whining and scratching results in your appearance.

Once your dog has learned to sleep in their bed, slowly move it to a more out of the way spot so they aren't sleeping right where you will step on them.

Hope it Helped!!!!

big grin
♥- Sparky- ♥

Barked: Wed Apr 13, '11 1:42pm PST 
Hmmm, any tips for leash tuggingwave
Sable

Barked: Wed Apr 13, '11 1:55pm PST 
This is not one of my favirote solutions but it is pretty affective:

Be the alpha dog. Have a deep, assertive voice. When he pulls, stop walking, yank back on the leash, tell him "NO!" very firmly. When he stops pulling, make him sit. Once he calms down, begin walking again.

Repeat.

Hopfully this will work! If it doesnt work or even if you dont like this one I do have other solutions.

Hope it helped!!!
big grin
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3