LUCY'S INSPIRATIONALS FOR THE HEART!

(Page 39 of 39: Viewing entries 381 to 390)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  
Precious

Queen of the- Country

Barked: Wed Dec 26, '12 3:12pm PST 
applauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseAwesome Miss Lucyway to go

big hugbig hugbig hug Precious and the Ponderosa Pack
❅ LUCY LU- ❅

Mamma's- Princess!-

Barked: Fri Dec 28, '12 10:31am PST 
December 28

How to Experience Christ's Peace

John 14:27-31

"My peace I give to you” (John 14:27). Jesus spoke these amazing words just hours before His crucifixion. His peace isn’t dependent upon external circumstances, but rather, it transcends them. Although He gives His peace to every believer as a gift, our experience of it is related to our faith in the following truths:

God is in control of everything. Without this assurance, the world is a scary place.
He loves me and will see me through every circumstance, no matter how difficult or painful it may be.
To have Christ’s peace, I must surrender my life to Him. When I hold onto my ways and plans, I’ll experience turmoil.
I have a limited perspective and understanding of my circumstances and God’s purposes for allowing them. His goals for me are greater than my immediate comfort.
The Lord promises to work all things out for my good. He is continually working to transform my character into Christ’s image.
I must live in sync with God, walking in the Spirit and promptly confessing and repenting of sin.
Scripture is my foundation for peace. It increases my trust in the Lord’s goodness, assures me that He keeps His promises, and reminds me of His sovereignty over every situation.

Sadly, many Christians live their whole lives without consistently experiencing this incomprehensible peace. Perhaps faith and submission are the most challenging issues. But only as we surrender control of our lives to Christ and trust in His plans for us will we discover tranquil rest for our souls.

For more biblical teaching and resources from Dr. Charles Stanley, please visit www.intouch.org.
Used with permission from In Touch Ministries, Inc. © 2009 All Rights Reserved.

God Bless ALL,
Hugs To ALL,
Love To ALL,
Lucy

Hugsbig hughugbig hug
Angel Baby- (Loving- Memory)

I Still Like- Granola Bars or- Cookies!!!!

Barked: Sun Dec 30, '12 3:08pm PST 
way to goway to goway to goAmen and so very truedancingdancingdancingdancingdancingsubmission to God is one of the hardest things we ever learn to do in life.......big grin

Pookah

Little- Grasshopper

Barked: Mon Dec 31, '12 9:21am PST 
hugbig hughappy dancedancingdancing
❅ LUCY LU- ❅

Mamma's- Princess!-

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '13 8:09pm PST 
Renew Your Strength Through God

Isaiah 41:1

All things on earth need to be renewed. No created thing continues by itself. "You renew the face of the ground,"1 was the psalmist's utterance.

Even the trees, which wear not themselves with care, nor shorten their lives with labor, must drink of the rain of heaven and draw from the hidden treasures of the soil. The cedars of Lebanon, which God has planted, only live because day by day they are full of sap freshly drawn from the earth. Neither can man's life be sustained without renewal from God. As it is necessary to repair the body by the frequent meal, so we must repair the soul by feeding upon the Book of God, or by listening to the preached Word, or by the soul-fattening table of the ordinances.

How depressed are our graces when means are neglected! What poor starving souls they are who live without the diligent use of the Word of God and secret prayer! If our piety can live without God it is not of divine creating; it is but a dream; for if God had begotten it, it would wait upon Him as the flowers wait upon the dew.

Without constant restoration we are not ready for the perpetual assaults of hell, or the stern afflictions of heaven, or even for the strife within. When the whirlwind shall be loosed, woe to the tree that has not sucked up fresh sap and grasped the rock with many inter-twisted roots.

When tempests arise, woe to the mariners that have not strengthened their mast, nor cast their anchor, nor sought the haven. If we suffer the good to grow weaker, the evil will surely gather strength and struggle desperately for the mastery over us; and as a result a painful desolation and a lamentable disgrace may follow. Let us draw near to the footstool of divine mercy in humble entreaty, and we shall realize the fulfillment of the promise, "They who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength."2

1 Psalm 104:30

2 Isaiah 40:31

Family Bible reading plan

Ezra 2

Acts 2

Click here to learn more about Truth For Life

From Morning & Evening revised and edited by Alistair Begg copyright © 2003. Used by permission of Crossway Books, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers, Wheaton, IL 60187, www.crossway.org.

God Bless ALL,
Hugs To ALL,
Love To ALL,
Love,
Lucy
big hughugbig hug
Molly

Knot Head

Barked: Thu Jan 3, '13 8:26am PST 
big hug Amen! big hug
❅ LUCY LU- ❅

Mamma's- Princess!-

Barked: Thu Jan 10, '13 12:23pm PST 
Pocket Devotions
Day 486: A view to the horizon

Romans 1:3-4

3 regarding his Son, who as to his earthly life[a] was a descendant of David, 4 and who through the Spirit of holiness was appointed the Son of God in power[b] by his resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord.
Thoughts for Today:

The resurrection of Jesus was not the Son of God - his identity was revealed and proved their claims. John 8:23, Jesus speaks: "You are from below, I am from above: ye are of this world. I am not of this world." Therefore, Jesus was 100% God, but it was 100% man ("who as to his human nature was a descendant [seed or sperm, KJV] of David").

The next part of our passage today contains the word "declared" that comes from the Greek word 'horizo​​', and is the source of our English word "horizon". I find it a little easier to understand when writing this passage thus: "... who through the Spirit of holiness was horizoned be with power, the Son of God ..."

A few years ago I took my wife and daughter Amanda Sherry me for a business conference in Washington DC. After the conclusion of the conference, the three of us spent several days touring. A particular day Amanda was having problems with our current location in relation to where we had been and where we were going. So we took an elevator to the roof of a nearby building to get a better perspective. As I pointed out various points of interest, Amanda's eyes widened as she understood - we looked back to see where we had been - then towards the horizon for our next destination.

I think that is a big part of what Paul is telling us in our passage today - if we look at Jesus in his resurrection on the horizon gain a heavenly perspective. It is much easier to understand the prophecies of the Old Testament (Romans 1:2), His life on this earth (his humanity), and ultimately the power of his resurrection (His proof of divinity).
Questions to Ponder:

Sometimes we all get lost in the day to day business of life. Occasionally, when we lose our sense of direction, we have to rise above all problems, stress and activity for a heavenly vision - where we're headed. Makes sure what will happen now much less significant when viewed from an eternal perspective. Have you been guilty of losing your perspective? I know I have from time to time. What does it take to get you back on track, to clear his head, and clarify its meaning and purpose?

Your Daily Impact

Sharing God's Word with the Gospel of John booklets is a powerful way to bring the Good News of Jesus Christ to others. Find out more about the Gospel and its effectiveness on League's website at Resources > Sharing > Using Gospels to Share.

God Bless ALL,
Hugs To ALL,
Love To ALL,
Lucy ♥ ♥
big hughugbig hug
❅ LUCY LU- ❅

Mamma's- Princess!-

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 12:16pm PST 

Our Journey Online with Dr. James MacDonald Devotionals
Walk in the Word ministries provokes Christians to think and act on their faith

Prayer, the Work of the Spirit

4But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, 5to redeem those who were born under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. 6And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!” —Galatians 4:4-6

We know what ”Abba, Father” meant in the mouth of Christ in Gethsemane. It was the entire surrender of Himself to the very death that the holy will of God’s love in redemption of sinners might be accomplished. In His prayer He was ready for any sacrifice, even to the yielding of His life. In that prayer we have revealed to us the heart of Him whose place is at the right hand of God, with the wonderful power of intercession that He exercises there and the power to pour down the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit has been bestowed by the Father to breathe the very spirit of His son into our hearts. Our Lord would have us yield ourselves as wholly to God as He did, to pray like Him, that God’s will of love should be done on earth at any cost. As God’s love is revealed in His desire for the salvation of souls, so also the desire of Jesus was made plain when He gave Himself for them. And He now asks of His people that that same love should fill them too so that they give themselves wholly to the work of intercession and, at any cost, pray down God’s love upon the perishing.

And if anyone should think that this is too high and beyond our reach, the Holy Spirit is actually given into our hearts so that we may pray as Jesus did in His power and in His name. It is the man who yields himself wholly to the leading of the Holy Spirit who will feel urged, by the compulsion of a divine love, to the undivided surrender to a life of continual intercession because he knows that it is God who is working in him.

Now we can understand how Christ could give such unlimited promises of answer to prayer to his disciples; they were first going to be filled with the Holy Spirit. Now we understand how God can give such a high place to intercession in the fulfillment of His purpose of redemption. It is the Holy Spirit who breathes God’s own desire into us and enables us to intercede for souls.—Andrew Murray

Journal:

How does the realization that the Holy Spirit can breathe God’s will into me change how I pray?
How can I tell whether my desires are my own or my Lord’s?

Prayer – Abba Father! Oh, grant that by Your Holy Spirit there may be maintained in me the unceasing intercession for the love of the souls Christ died for. Give to me the vision of the blessedness and the power that comes to those who yield themselves to this high calling. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Always True: 5 Great and Precious Promises of God
Always True: 5 Great and Precious Promises of God

5 CD Series Set - $35.00
What if you believed—truly believed with all confidence that God is with you? How would today go for you if you knew without a doubt that God is in control? What would be different in your life if you were sure God is watching and good? What would you risk if you were certain God is victorious?

Just how would believing God’s promises change your life?

Ask the greatest Christian you’ll ever meet if they hold on to God’s promises and they’ll all say yes. Believing that God will do what He promises leads to a great life. The greatest Christian you’ll every meet knows, treasures, and is resting in the promises of God. They cling to these assurances that God gives His people so they can walk by faith while they wait for Him to work.

So what exactly does God promise? In this topical study of what will always be true, Pastor James MacDonald will explore five great and precious promises that God keeps. Enter into this study with anticipation and faith that the God who makes these promises is faithful and true... always true.

God Bless ALL,
Love TO ALL,
Hugs TO ALL,
Love,
Lucy ♥ ♥

big hughugbig hug
❅ LUCY LU- ❅

Mamma's- Princess!-

Barked: Sun Apr 14, '13 10:43am PST 
wavewelcomebig hug

April 14

Today’s Verses: 1 Samuel 22-24; Luke 12:1-31

Today’s Thoughts: Every 15 Minutes Living Dead

For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. - John 3:16

Every 15 Minutes is an intense two-day program designed to caution high school juniors and seniors against the dangers of drinking and driving. The program’s name was conceived from the statistic that every fifteen minutes someone in the United States dies in an alcohol related traffic accident. This program was initiated at the high school which my children attend. It did not only impact the high school students; however, I was really surprised by how it impacted me.

A private meeting was called for 25 high school students and their parents. After arriving and hearing the introductory announcements, the parents were told that our child was chosen to become one of “the living dead.” Our requirements for participation were to send in baby and current pictures, fill out an obituary, write a goodbye letter to your child, and attend the funeral service. Seriously, I glared at my son trying to hold myself together and said, “I don’t think I can do this.” Throughout the entire program, I definitely prayed more about the emotional components than the actual physical participation.

Looking back on the 24 hour period, I can tell you that the most challenging part for me was writing my son’s good bye letter.

I was restless for quite awhile before I could pick up the pen. When I prayed, God did give me the words to write and He revealed to me many amazing insights. I realized that God is not the God of the dead, but the living (Matthew 22:32). When we are in Christ, we are always alive, even if physically dead. Jesus links heaven to earth. I literally saw a mental picture of Jesus with His arms stretched out, one hand was touching heaven and the other was touching earth. He was the bridge that connected the living on earth to the living in heaven. Death had no relevance or significance because of Jesus.

The term “living dead” had a whole new meaning. There is hope for the believer as Jesus’ words from John 5:24-25 came back to mind, "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.” Jesus fills in the great chasm. He continued to say, “I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.” How can the dead “hear?” The answer is “with spiritual ears.” Life on earth is not just about the body but about the Spirit. The Spirit is what lives forever.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.
Daily Disciples Ministries, Inc.

God Bless ALL,
Love To ALL,
Hugs To ALL,
Lucy and Mamma Shawna♥♥big hug
❅ LUCY LU- ❅

Mamma's- Princess!-

Barked: Sun Apr 21, '13 7:00pm PST 
wavebig grinpuppykittywelcomebig hug

Standing Strong Thru The Storm
By Open Doors

CHRIST'S CHURCH

“And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.” Colossians 1:18

In China, one small group of believers gathered weekly in the back room of a small store to worship together during the Cultural Revolution. Since they could easily be overheard by anyone entering the store, they “sang” hymns together without words or music. Someone whispered the name of the song and the group together silently moved their lips simply “thinking” the words and music.

In the Bible, the church is called "God's husbandry," "the body of Christ," and the "household of Christ" (I Corinthians 3:9; 12:13, 27; Hebrews 3:6). It is also called His bride and a wife (Revelation 19:7-9; 21:2, 9; Ephesians 5:22-33). These are all simple examples given to help us understand that the Church is a spiritual entity, neither a building nor a human organization. This is probably the most common error in belief found among Christians. It is important that we realize that the church of Jesus Christ is basically and primarily spiritual.

When Peter confessed that Jesus was the Christ, the Son of the Living God, Jesus responded by promising to build His church on the solid "rock" of this great truth and that the gates of hell would not withstand it. (Matthew 16:13-18). According to the New Testament, a person who has recognized, as Peter did, that Jesus is the Christ, and who trusts in Him by faith as Savior and Lord, is "born again” (John 3:1-17).

This new birth is a spiritual experience that opens the heart to the Spirit of God. He enters that heart and dwells there. This believer is then a "priest" of God and enjoys direct access into the holy presence of God (I Peter 2hi5, 9; Hebrews 4:16). This relationship of an individual with Christ is clearly a spiritual relationship, and Jesus joins together individuals who have this faith in Him into a spiritual body—His church.

RESPONSE: I will cherish my relationship with Christ and His body—the Church.

PRAYER: Thank you Lord for Your household of faith. Help me to understand its functions and walk and serve in expressing them.

STANDING STRONG THROUGH THE STORM (SSTS) -A daily devotional message by Paul Estabrooks
© 2010 Open Doors International. Used by permission

“When the storm has swept by, the wicked are gone, but the righteous stand firm forever.” Proverbs 10:25

Right now millions of Christians face persecution because of their faith in Christ. Register to receive the Open Doors USA Weekly Prayer Alert email. Join alongside thousands of others praying for our brothers and sisters worldwide to stand strong in the midst of their struggles. Also learn more about countries where the persecution of Christians is most severe by visiting the Open Doors website today.

God Bless ALL,
Love To ALL,
Hugs To ALL,
Lucy and Mamma Shawna♥♥
  (Page 39 of 39: Viewing entries 381 to 390)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39