the inner journey.

(Page 40 of 40: Viewing entries 391 to 393)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  
(retired)min- ister misty

be calm, dont- worry!

Barked: Sun Aug 26, '12 5:57am PST 
How do you think of money?

"Money is a highly charged subject. And most of the emotions people feel around it are negative: fear, shame, embarrassment, anger."

-- Jerrold Mundis

How do you think of money? How do you feel about money?

Many of us are afraid of money. With this fear, we avoid dealing honestly and completely with our financial situation. We only have a vague idea of how much money we earn and spend, and even how much we owe. By refusing to accept financial responsibility, we sacrifice our chances for a better life.

"Choosing wealth as a goal requires facing everything about your money bravely, honestly, with courage -- which is a very, very hard thing for most of us to do. But it can be done."

-- Suze Orman

be calm, dont- worry!

Barked: Sun Aug 26, '12 5:58am PST 
It is a matter of balance

"My soul is the bridge between spirit and body and, as such, is a uniter of opposites. ...Without soul at center, I would either transcend into spirit or become mired in matter."

-- Marion Woodman

Ram Dass talks of how his first spiritual goal was to be rid of his physical existence. He came to understand, though, that our spirituality lies in bringing higher consciousness to our world of form. When we can do so, we can delight in all aspects of creation.

Soul exists in the balance of spirit and matter. For a soulful life, we pay attention to both, seeing spiritual qualities in material forms. As our awareness grows, we begin to use consciousness to influence and create form. It’s through form that our spirit expresses.

"Walk in balance with one foot in your spiritual understanding and one foot in your physical world of accomplishment."

-- Lynn V. Andrews

be calm, dont- worry!

Barked: Sun Aug 26, '12 5:58am PST 
Free to choose

"Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility."

-- Sigmund Freud

In his book Nobody’s Victim, Christopher J. McCullough explains, "In order to live your freedom, you must first accept reality. ‘These are the choices, and given those choices, which do I choose?’ Whether the option you select is pleasant or painful does not alter the fact that, given reality, this is your preference.

"To live your freedom, it is helpful to stop and ask yourself, ‘Why am I doing this?’ and then notice whether, given the options, you are choosing what you really want, or whether you want to choose something else.... Sometimes the exercise of freedom involves naming your poison -- all choices may lead to outcomes that are in some way painful. But the real pain is that of feeling powerless -- denying your freedom."

"Freedom is man's capacity to take a hand in his own development. It is our capacity to mold ourselves."

-- Dr. Rollo May

(Page 40 of 40: Viewing entries 391 to 393)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40