Sharing is FUN!!!

Coco

Give me some- luving....lol

Barked: Sun Mar 21, '10 5:59pm PST 
Share your favorite Yummy Treats Recipe here. We can't wait to try the many yum treats.

Mommy loves to make Sweet Potato Chips and Apple Crisps. Courtosey of a Dogster Pal Milo.

• Apples (You can use any kind you want but I used Pink Lady b/c they were on sale!)
• Mandolin- This will be your best friend if you want to continue making these treats. I found a folding one that stands on its own for $20. It's worth the investment.
• Cookie sheets lined with parchment paper
• Preheated oven to 250º

Slice your apples thin with the mandolin (or knife if you prefer). Try to get them just a smidge thicker than a potato chip.

Place your slices on the sheets. Make sure they don't overlap, but you don't have to worry about placing them far apart or anything- they'll shrink in the oven.

Bake for 45 minutes. Pull them out and flip them over. Bake for another 45 minutes or until dry. Some of them may be still a little moist- just let them sit out and air dry.

Store them in an airtight container or ziploc bag with the air squeezed out of it. You can do the same thing with sweet potatoes, only bake them for 1 1/2 hours, flip, and bake for another 1 1/2 hours. Enjoy!