Sadness

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Rosie

Run far and jump- high

Barked: Sun Nov 15, '09 7:03pm PST 
We got a phone call about a week ago saying our horses were underfed and mistreated. (My friend works for a shelter and she asked if we could take 2 mistreated horses from her. I said of course.) The human society took 4 horses, Darl'in and her yearling, and the 2 i was taking care of. Dar'lin wasn't eating too well and of course the other 2 were in horrible shape....... Now I have Sabra (arab) and my love J.R (saddlebred) I have no idea what to do and they won't give them back. I needed to share this with all you horse lovers to warn you to be careful and not end up like me... Good LUCK and I'm going to try to fight back!dog
Athena (In- Memory)

Purrs and Love- to Mom and- Toulouse

Barked: Mon Nov 16, '09 7:38pm PST 
Oh, my goodness! Didn't they care that they were that way when you got them and you're trying to help?

If you can't get anywhere with them, try going to the media to see if they would broadcast your story.
Nala Sue - [Angel]

6 - 30- 10 RIP

Barked: Tue Nov 17, '09 5:24am PST 
Praying for you! I save my reciepts from wormers, vaccines etc. Now am glad I do.
Do you have pictures? To take to the media?
Good Luck!

Augusta, CGC

Such a good dog!

Barked: Thu Nov 19, '09 4:58pm PST 
How long had you had the horses? Isn't the fact that the two they let you keep are healthy enough evidence that you know how to take care of horses?
Maybe your friend could sign an affidavit showing that she brought the horses to you because they were already in bad shape . . .
As far as the mare with foal . . . can your vet vouch for you and that the mare is fine? A lot of mare's lose condition after foaling, could the animal services people be overreacting?

Good Luck!! I hope you get them back soon! hug
Lady Sophie- of the Great- Hunt

The Baby!

Barked: Fri Nov 20, '09 8:37am PST 
Do you get a court hearing to give your side of the story? Can your friend from the shelter that the two foster horses came from testify as to what the situation was?
Rosie

Run far and jump- high

Barked: Fri Dec 11, '09 7:55pm PST 
Hey guys! Thanks for all the support and advice! It was really kind of you all. Out neighbor told them the whole story of how the horses before had been mis-treated and how Rosie and I were trying to help raise the filly and gain dar'lins health. WE GOT THEM BACK!!!! YEAHHHH! Thank yo all so much again!wave
Athena (In- Memory)

Purrs and Love- to Mom and- Toulouse

Barked: Wed Dec 16, '09 9:24pm PST 
Yeaaaa!!! happy dancedancinghappy dancedancinghappy dancedancing
A great Christmas present for both you and the horses!!!
partypartypartypartypartypartypartypartypartypartyhug
Lady Sophie- of the Great- Hunt

The Baby!

Barked: Thu Dec 17, '09 2:36pm PST 
So glad to hear things turned out ok.cheer
Talloulah

RUNAWAY- BRIDE

Barked: Thu Dec 24, '09 9:16am PST 
Thats cause Good things happen to those who wait...right?...
Merry Christmas Sweeties!hug
Rosie

Run far and jump- high

Barked: Sun Feb 7, '10 7:41pm PST 
Once Again thanks everyone!

We are all happy and cold here!cheer
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2