Coughing, Snorting, Sneezing, Itching, and everything in between

Max

Life's too short- not to be happy- doggie

Barked: Sun Aug 2, '09 6:32pm PST 
Hi all. I was wondering if you could offer some advice for me and Max. He's having all of these symptoms and I've given him Benedryl 2 or 3 times a day for about two weeks with little results. Also, he's had some side effects with it...dry mouth, drowsiness, and constant thirst. I was wondering if you could recommend a different antihistimine that you think would help him. I believe that he has outside allergies; if he runs around a lot outside during the day, his symptoms are usually worse at night. I don't think he inhaled any grass seeds ( let's hope), but are there signs that I should look for to make sure that it isn't actually worse than it is?

Thanks so much for your help!!
♥Ange- l Sasha- ♥

SMILE!!

Barked: Wed Aug 5, '09 12:46pm PST 
Awww, sorry to hear about your allergies! It could be from grass etc., but it could also be from your food. What type of food are you eating? Does your vet have any suggestions on another type of antihistamine? I would be afraid to try anything without your vet's approval.
Max

Life's too short- not to be happy- doggie

Barked: Sat Aug 8, '09 12:42am PST 
I switched him from Blue food (Green bag) to Nutro Ultra and he seems to be doing a bit better. No sneezing now, even when he rolls around in the grass ( he loves that!)...just a bit of scratching and knawing(?) at his feet.

♥Ange- l Sasha- ♥

SMILE!!

Barked: Tue Aug 11, '09 11:37am PST 
Hmmmm, there is a group called "Dogs with Allergies"- but it looks a little quiet (kind of like this group!) You might want to join there.

You can also post in the "Food & Nutrition" forum or the "Dog Health" forums- those forums get a lot of traffic, and you can get some input from there- stuff people have tried that helps. blue dog