New to the group and have food questions!

Lola

One day I'm- gonna grow into- these paws!

Barked: Sat Jul 18, '09 11:24pm PST 
First off, HI EVERYONE! I just brought baby Lola home yesterday so I'm sure I'll be on here lots picking everyone's brainssmile

Now, about this food thing... I read some posts about not feeding puppy food because there's too much fat/protein and that causes growth spurts. I am feeding Lola Eagle Pack Controlled Growth Giant Breed Puppy, so it has lower levels of fat and protein (12% and 23% respectively).

Is that ok? Does anyone have any experience with this food? Thanks!happy dance

Barked: Tue Aug 11, '09 6:19pm PST 
The protein thing is a myth. If you dont' feed enough protein she'll stop growing. You need a food that has appropriate calcium/phosphorus levels... 1.5% calcium, .9% phosphorus. Most premium large breed puppy foods are appropriate, and you'll want to keep her on them until at least 18 mos.
sheba

my shy giant

Barked: Wed Jun 22, '11 8:39am PST 
I am also new to the group, and I was feeding sheba who weighs 88 lbs and just 1 yr old , purina but now switched to Iams Large breed Proactive health, and it says it's for digestion and bones and muscles and teeth , is this ok and also I feed her 2 1/2 cups in morning and then at night, but she doesn't gobble it down sometimes at night she won't even touch it !