Has anyone used Adequan?

Simon - 06/01/93- 08/28/09

Easy does it!

Barked: Wed Jul 1, '09 12:31pm PST 
Hi all, my sixteen year old friend is suffering from a bad bout of hip dysplasia. His arthritis is so bad, he is having a hard time getting around. Once he up and running though, he seems to manage. We started adequan injections two weeks ago, but so far, I haven't seen any progress. Has anyone used it before? Was it successful? PLease let me know and any other ways I can help him. Thanks.
Pixie

Queen Bee

Barked: Sat Jul 11, '09 12:28am PST 
Hi Simon,
My brother George had really bad arthrits (he's at the rainbow bridge now) He was'nt on Adequan , he took Rimadyl. I guess some vets also give tramdol (ultram) for pain.
Me and mom looked up Adequan on the internet...looks like some serious stuff. Says it's supposed to start working within a few hours.
Sorry I could'nt be more help....maybe if you posted on different sites someone out there has to have tried it!!!
Good luck
Pixie cheer
Rocky - 1997 - 2010

I love my- family!

Barked: Tue Jun 7, '11 11:06am PST 
Hi, I am Rocky and I am at the Bridge, but if some other pup comes to this group and sees the question on Adequan - I can tell something about it as I was on it for over a year.

First you have a loading dose of an injection a week for 6 weeks, and then you will have an injection as you find you need them. I tried for 3 weeks, but ended up going every 2 weeks.

It is wonderful stuff - and gave me a good year that I would not have been able to walk and do things with my family.

Mom said that she would definately recommend it.