allow me to introduce myself

Harvey

"cease the day- and take a nap"

Barked: Wed Jun 17, '09 9:02am PST 
Im Harvey. Im a wirehaired mini who was rescued about a year ago. My mommy has questions from time to time since shes never had a weenie before me, and we seem to have unique personalities.

Im not food driven. If my daddy isnt home I wont eat (even though I have high quality canned and kibble food, with occasional dog appropriate people goodies tucked inside). I also wont really walk on my leash. I just stop and stare for his truck. I dont like playing without daddy either. Ive been going to work with my mommy a few days a week for months, but Im still obsessed with my daddy. Im a different doggie when hes around. What can she do to make things fun or make me eat even when daddy does have to work?

I also still have shy days. Sometimes I invite strangers to pet me and then i cower. Im also very fearful of walking by barking dogs, though when I meet other dogs that read my body language, I do just fine. Would a companion help me blossom even more? Daddy is working more hours, so some days I will be left alone for 9 hours.
Zoey

cutest cuddlebug

Barked: Thu Jun 25, '09 4:06pm PST 
I am the same way about my food and walking on a leash. My mommy doesn't know what to about it, but would like some help also.
Enzo

Im a hot doggy!

Barked: Tue Aug 18, '09 2:41pm PST 
Well i think you should distract your dogs from having that reaction. Like when "daddy" leaves make it seam like its no big deal, maybe he should go out stand by the door for a few minutes and come back in and ignore your dog (no eye contact or affection). This helps the dog understand theres no worry im coming back, and clam down. And if that works the food problem will soon be not a problem. thats what i think you should do and theres other ways i bet. I recommend this way because its worked for my friend. Every dog is different hope it works for your dog!
Enzo

Rocky

Hot Diggity Dog!

Barked: Thu Oct 29, '09 6:32pm PST 
Keep socializing with all kinds of people and animals! Maybe spend more quality time alone with your baby? way to go