potty training advice

~RIP~- Precious- Princess

Precious- Princess Pereira

Barked: Sun May 24, '09 8:39pm PST 
Hi & hi^paws to everyone....

Precious is my first puppy in a long time.... and we are having an issue with potty training that I am hoping other "rattie" moms & dads might be able to give advice about..

When she came home it was snowy & cold.. much colder than it was where she came from - so we started with piddle pads. She learned very very quickly & is awesome. but now we are trying to show her to go outside.. & she is just getting very very confused.

any advice would be greatly appreciated! wave

thanks sooo much shrug
Perry

I'm the Dude

Barked: Wed May 27, '09 9:38am PST 
Hi,

I think the best thing is a consistent schedule, and bringing her out often at first. When she goes, give lots of praise. These little ones can't get enough love! I know when Perry first came home, he was mixed up because he was in the shelter for so long. There was no schedule and he could go piddle any time he liked. If you can provide a regular walking time, too, I think that will help. When we travel, Perry will now "whiz" or "do business" on command, he's so smart and knows we aren't stopping for long. The first time he did it, I couldn't believe it. Precious will catch on quickly, just give her lots of chances to prove herself. I hope this helps.

Perry's Mom
~RIP~- Precious- Princess

Precious- Princess Pereira

Barked: Thu May 28, '09 8:09am PST 
thank you so much. She's such a smart little girl. She's good at going on the piddle pads - which is sooo good when i'm stuck at work. It is just fustrating that she wont go outside. She gets very distracted outside.. so many bugs.. sooo little time to pounce.
I just love her soo much!

thanks!