flame point - purebred?

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Fan Tan

Hear me roar- (trill, mew,- meezer)

Barked: Sat May 23, '09 4:25pm PST 
I noticed some people list their flame points as 'purebred' but I thought you only get a flame point if you cross tabby + siamese. I definitely don't want to get into cat association wars (i.e. colorpoint vs. siamese classifications) but I'm just curious.

My Fan Tan, now 12 weeks old and getting cuter by the day has a dilute tortie point mom and a purebred seal point dad. Both he and his sister Ting Ting have such lovely little personalities - very owner bonded and easy going.

So if a flame point boy and a flame point girl cat had babies would they all be flame points?
Luna

Can't touch- this...

Barked: Tue May 26, '09 9:14pm PST 
'm not sure what the answer is to your question...but I have another question to add...
I adopted my little girl from my local Humane Society, therefore I'm not sure her story...she is about 12ish weeks...when I first got her she was mostly white, all but ears and tail, I can sorta see her getting the creamish color on her head, and the trademark M on her forehead is faint but there...do the get these marks as they get older...I've noticed some of the babies on here are already cream...like Fan Tan...just wanting to know what to expect =^..^=

hamster dance
Fan Tan

Barked: Wed May 27, '09 10:44pm PST 
Fan Tan's meowmy talking here...

From what I've read online, there are flame points and cream points. So maybe Luna is more of a cream point? I also read that the flame/cream points take the longest to get their points - 2 to 3 years, compared to a seal point which I have also read, have their points by 6 months of age.

We're so lucky to have these strikingly beautiful cats!

Edited by author Wed May 27, '09 10:45pm PST

Luna

Can't touch- this...

Barked: Thu May 28, '09 10:38am PST 
That's nice to know.Thank you for that bit of information. Yes we are very lucky to have these special kitties. IDK about yours, but mine is C-R-A-Z-Y!!! She's a little monster, and LOVE to bite mommies hands.I know that this isn't a good habit to get them into, but it's so darn cute when she thinks she's all big and bad and can kick my butt. Luna is also in love with my lap top...I'm not sure why but she loves to sleep on it, walk on it, attack it, watch it, pretty much anything! She also love to lick me, mostly my face, but when I won't allow it she'll lick my arm or my legs...IDK what's up with that but I hear it's pretty common for flame points...Well I just thought I'd share a few bits of info on my crazy baby...
Fan Tan

Barked: Thu May 28, '09 6:51pm PST 
Isn't that funny! Fan Tan licks me too, mostly on my arms - is it the salt maybe? I have a huge 24" screen on my Mac and he sits 2" away and swats at whatever is moving on the screen - even if it's just the words I'm typing. Such a character! and he's not even 3 months old...
Luna

Can't touch- this...

Barked: Thu May 28, '09 9:39pm PST 
Yeah Luna is from what the shelter told me about 13 weeks, the vet seems to think that she is younger...so i really don't know...does your fan tan have the typical siamese meeeeooow??Lunas is raspy but it's still kittenish...I hope she has it...I love siamese sounds...very cute.
=^..^=
Fan Tan

Barked: Fri May 29, '09 5:51pm PST 
Fan Tan was the biggest of his litter and the first to do everything - he has a huge big voice and makes quite a range of sounds, especially when I'm getting their food ready. He will meoooooooowwww until he runs out of breath and sometimes makes the crabby siamese sound as well. I laugh at him, which probably isn't very polite...

His sister Ting Ting, who looks way more Siamese, only makes little peeping sounds - who needs to meow when you have a brother like Fan Tan?
Binks

mommy mommy- mommy

Barked: Wed Dec 30, '09 8:48pm PST 
hey i have i believe to be a flame color point siamese and hes just not showing the color on his back at 8months and its fant. his face and back show color in the day and its gone by night, its crazy!
Thai

Goddess of- kitten Wars

Barked: Sun Mar 7, '10 4:29pm PST 
I believe that flame points can be both purebred and mixed with tabby. We asked a very well known great breeder when we got Snowie what she was because we didn't know. He told us she was a purebred flame point siamese.

If she was mixed with tabby she would have this M pattern on her forehead which she doesn't have. Or she would have the orange *bridge* which she does have orange on her nose but not a bridge.
Binks

mommy mommy- mommy

Barked: Thu Apr 1, '10 4:41pm PST 
last responder. if the cat ur talking about is the one on ur pic, im very confused, it looks to me like the m is there. mine looks just like that also.
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2