Anywhere! Anytime! Anybook!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Casey - Always &- Forever

Gimme Treats!- Play Ball! Love- Me!

Barked: Thu Apr 30, '09 12:04pm PST 
OK...This post is for any book that you really enjoyed. It can be any type of book at all...!

We have so many friends who love to read...and it is always nice to hear a recommendation from friends for a good book!

So hear goes...

My very favorite this year has been the TWILIGHT Series... Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Break Dawn...by Stephenie Meyer

Summary: Twilight is that rare story that combines suspense, desire, love and friendship with an awesome twist on the vampire genre! Both young adults and adults will be "sucked" into Edward's and Bella's world and beg for more!

Absolutely Entrancing!! 4 Paws up!!!way to go
Tedibear- Our Girl- Forever

Miss Bear

Barked: Fri May 1, '09 11:07am PST 
I loved The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. It is so inspiring in these troubled economic times.

wave

Barked: Fri May 1, '09 4:34pm PST 
Thanks Tedibear! I will check that one out!!dog

LUCY

Bark at- everything!

Barked: Mon May 4, '09 9:31am PST 
For fun, fast summer reading, anything by James Patterson if you enjoy police/detective/thrillers. I love his book because the chapters are very short and it's easy to pick up and put down and remember who was who!!

He wrote the Womens' Murder Club books starting with First to Die. And the Alex Cross detective books that start with Pop Goes the Weasel...all fairy tail verses for titles.

If anyone is interested in "chick lit" or what some call "beach books" let me know...I have a ton of those, too! All the Shopaholic books are a riot and fun!cheer

Barked: Wed May 6, '09 5:40pm PST 
Lucy - James Patterson is Mom's all time favorite author! She has read so many of his books! Some of her favorites are Kiss the Girls, Along Came a Spider, When the Wind Blows.... and so many more....

And we agree....easy, fast reading...and love the short chapters...way to go

Did you read his series on MAX and her family? The Angel Experiment, School's Out Forever, Final Warning.... Very different.....big grin Loved them...
Molly

Hear all! See- all! Chase all!

Barked: Wed May 6, '09 5:42pm PST 
And if anyone likes stories about Vampires...... J.R. Ward writes an excellent book...

The ones Mom has now waiting to be read are a series called .."A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood"

shockshockshock

Here is a synopsis of the first book in the series...."Dark Lover"

In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly turf war going on between vampires and their slayers. There exists a secret band of brothers like no other-six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Yet none of them relishes killing more than Wrath, the leader of The Black Dagger Brotherhood.

The only purebred vampire left on earth, Wrath has a score to settle with the slayers who murdered his parents centuries ago. But, when one of his most trusted fighters is killed-leaving his half-breed daughter unaware of his existence or her fate-Wrath must usher her into the world of the undead-a world of sensuality beyond her wildest dreams.

Edited by author Wed May 6, '09 5:49pm PST

Brandi

Barked: Wed May 6, '09 5:46pm PST 
Has anyone read the series beginning with ERAGON? They just made a movie out of Eragon....and the other 2 books in the series are ELDEST and BRISINGR.

Eragon the book...and the movie were both very good!!

Mom has Brisingr...but has not read it yet!!

Here is a synopsis of Eragon...

Eragon, a young farm boy, finds a marvelous blue stone in a mystical mountain place. Before he can trade it for food to get his family through the hard winter, it hatches a beautiful sapphire-blue dragon, a race thought to be extinct. Eragon bonds with the dragon, and when his family is killed by the marauding Ra'zac, he discovers that he is the last of the Dragon Riders, fated to play a decisive part in the coming war between the human but hidden Varden, dwarves, elves, the diabolical Shades and their neanderthal Urgalls, all pitted against and allied with each other and the evil King Galbatorix. Eragon and his dragon Saphira set out to find their role, growing in magic power and understanding of the complex political situation as they endure perilous travels and sudden battles, dire wounds, capture and escape.

If you like Fantasy and Dragon type books...You will enjoy this series!
Leo - Always in- our Hearts

Eat..Sleep...Pla- y...Eat...Sleep

Barked: Wed May 6, '09 5:55pm PST 
If there are any Wizard lovers out there.....Any of Jim Butcher's books are very entertaining....

His books were the basis of the TV series last year called "The Dresden Files"....hamster dancehamster dancehamster dance

The hero of the books is Harry Dresden...a modern day Wizard...and his "friend" Bob who is a British-accented talking skull...!!shockshock

This series is up to Book 11 now....and Mom has only just started putting a dent in it...

So many books....so little time....laugh out loud
Josie, NPC

I listen....when- me feels like it- BOL

Barked: Sat Jun 20, '09 4:34pm PST 
Read all the Eragon booksway to goway to goway to goway to go

Has anyone read the Oran Trilogy yet?

Barked: Thu Jun 25, '09 6:24am PST 
Hi Josie!

Oran Trilogy...thinking I haven't heard of that one.. Gonna go look it up right now....

Thanks for sharing!!!

dogdog
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2