Books About Dogs.....

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Casey - Always &- Forever

Gimme Treats!- Play Ball! Love- Me!

Barked: Thu Apr 30, '09 11:51am PST 
This thread will be dedicated to all the wonderful books that have been written about dogs.....

If you have a favorite or several favorite books that you have read about dogs...we would love for you to add them to the thread so everyone can enjoy them!!

I will start by listing my favorite of the year so far...of course..... MARLEY AND ME...Life and Love with the Worlds Worst Doghamster dance by John Grogan.

To summarize.... The story of a family in the making and the wondrously neurotic dog who taught them what really matters in life. Is it possible for humans to discover the key to happiness through a bigger-than-life, bad-boy dog?

We say a definitely YEScloud 9
♥Quee- nKiara&heart- s;

Queen- Kiara

Barked: Thu Apr 30, '09 5:33pm PST 
Loved the book IZZY & Lenore by Jon Katzcheercheercheercheer
Millie

Who rescued who?

Barked: Thu Apr 30, '09 5:51pm PST 
wave
I loved The Art of Racing In The Rain by Garth Stein. It is a wonderful story told through the eyes of a dog...it's a great book! way to go

LUCY

Bark at- everything!

Barked: Thu Apr 30, '09 6:41pm PST 
Oh Millie, mom loved that book so much. She was sobbing at the end (like with Marley and Me) but it was worth it. Enzo was wonderful.

If anyone thinks they might like it, check out the website and watch the video...

http://www.artofracingintherain.com/

Barked: Fri May 1, '09 6:14am PST 
Oh Millie....Mom loved The Art of Racing in the Rain too!! cloud 9

Kiara...Izzy and Lenore is the next book on Mom's list to read. hamster dance
the desert- dogs pack

One Big Happy- Family!!!

Barked: Fri May 1, '09 7:06am PST 
ok their is a writer called David Rosenfelt he writes murder mystery books and in his books are his golden retriever and also he runs a shelter for animals while he is a lawyer. he is a good writer
the desert- dogs pack

One Big Happy- Family!!!

Barked: Fri May 1, '09 7:07am PST 
we also have the books by trixie koontz

Barked: Sat May 2, '09 2:34pm PST 
Desert Dogs... I've read a couple by David Rosenfelt... We like his way of writing too!

Barked: Wed May 20, '09 10:58am PST 
In keeping with the Memorial Day Holiday this weekend... Mom ran across this book in her daily Internet wanderings...

“War Dogs: A History of Loyalty and Heroism“ by Michael Lemish.
This book was originally published in 1996 and tells the history of the U.S. K-9 Corps. Now in paperback, War Dogs provides an eye-opening look at unsung canine heroes from World War I to the present. Terriers, shepherds, beagles, collies, huskies, and Dobermans are only a few of the breeds that have pulled sleds, searched caves and bunkers, and even parachuted into combat. Mike has collected true stories and rare photos that reflect the strong bonds that have formed between war dogs and their masters as they worked together in dangerous situations."

Memorial Day is right around the corner, but before you pack your bags and plan your picnics, take a moment to remember the brave men and women who have lost their lives serving the United States of America. Then, take a moment to honor the dogs who serve the country, too.
Josie, NPC

I listen....when- me feels like it- BOL

Barked: Sat Jun 20, '09 4:33pm PST 
Just starting: The Darkest Evening of the Year by Dean Koontz
About a lady who rescues dogs
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2