Where is the love?

(Page 1 of 30: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  
fireheart

my heart is on- fire

Barked: Sun Apr 19, '09 5:41pm PST 
there is this song that mommy found that we all find very questioning. it is called 'Where is the love?' by black eyed peas.
i can give you the chorus part here:
People killing people dying. children hurt you hear them crying. do you practice what you preach, or would you turn the other cheek? father, father, father help us. send us some guidance from above. Cause people got me got me questioning...WHERE IS THE LOVE?
What do you think?
REANAN

MRS- REANAN- SIMON

Barked: Mon Apr 20, '09 12:52am PST 
Do you mean questioning in a positive way, Fireheart; as in "what are we doing to each other?" That's what it sounds like to me when I read the lyrics you wrote. It certainly does make you think about our lives and even the lives of everyone, all over this poor, old world. Humans preach about doing the right thing and helping each other......and a lot of them do; sadly, a lot of them don't. Daddy wishes he could wave his hand and make it all right for all the ones who must suffer, but sadly.........he does not possess that facility. Sorry, didn't mean to get on a soapbox, here.little angel
Holly

I\'m the Ivy and- the Holly

Barked: Mon Apr 20, '09 11:15am PST 
mommy also wishes that with a wave of a wand that the world would be peaceful... but daddy always says, "welcome to the world honey."

REANAN

MRS- REANAN- SIMON

Barked: Tue Apr 21, '09 1:57am PST 
You know, the creator of "Star Trek", Gene Roddenberry, actually envisioned a future for mankind where there would be no more greed, no prejudice or want..........no need for possessions and things. Well, at least we have the reruns to watch.
Charlie

Where's the- birdy?!

Barked: Wed Apr 22, '09 5:53am PST 
none of us (mommy and daddy included) have never seen star trek. hmmmm maybe we should watch that one sometime so that mommy doesn't go nuts trying to picture a happy life.
REANAN

MRS- REANAN- SIMON

Barked: Fri Apr 24, '09 2:24am PST 
Star Trek may not be a perfect world, but they always tried to settle things without violence and most of the different races got along. I think that's why Daddy likes reruns of the old tv shows like Andy Griffith and Leave It To Beaver and others; although sometimes silly, there was no problem that couldn't be solved in a half hour.smilelittle angel
Mika

Puppy Lover

Barked: Sat Apr 25, '09 5:26pm PST 
Hmmm Mommy doesn't like violence, so we'll have to order that one from netflex. I think we all might like this movie.

Edited by author Sat Apr 25, '09 5:27pm PST

REANAN

MRS- REANAN- SIMON

Barked: Sun Apr 26, '09 12:37am PST 
The old Star Trek from the 60's with William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy are Daddy's favorites. Since he "kinda'" grew up with them. They had some violent aspects to some episodes, but there was always a lesson to be learned from it; mostly that violence and war and hatred were futile in nature because nothing good can ever come from it. Daddy loves science fiction shows, you know.smile
piper 2003-2006

hunting in the- stars.

Barked: Mon Apr 27, '09 11:07am PST 
my mommy's daddy (grandpa) has a bad obsession with any science fiction show. sometimes mommy gets so mad at grandpa that sometimes for having t.v on at like, 10:00 at night that they go crazy with arguments. Grandpa has probably watched star treck and mommy may end up stealing it from him if he has it. hehehe. i can see her sneaking around at night and taking it if he has any movie/dvd. laugh out loudsmile
REANAN

MRS- REANAN- SIMON

Barked: Tue Apr 28, '09 11:46pm PST 
It's really a pretty cool show. They've had other star trek shows:The next generation, Voyager, deep space nine, and all the movies. The humanity of the show is what really makes it good. Hey...I found some raspberry yogurt in the fridge.........anyone want some? Hey, the dates still good. happy dancelaugh out loud
  (Page 1 of 30: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]