Dayzee's Food For The Soul

(Page 30 of 30: Viewing entries 291 to 297)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  
♥- Dayzee- ♥

I got THE- power!! Jesus.

Barked: Wed Sep 14, '11 6:38am PST 
“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”
-Matthew 11:28
“What do you want, Fred?” I asked our cat. “I wish you’d make up your mind.” First he was meowing in the kitchen, then in the bedroom and now at my feet. I was trying to do some work on the computer and there he was, butting against my leg. I reached down to scratch him between his ears. He seemed to enjoy it, purring contentedly, but the minute I stopped he sauntered back to the kitchen. “Meow, meow,” I heard him say.
“Okay, I give up. I’m coming,” I said. I went into the kitchen. His water bowl was full, his food dish was half full, and my wife Carol had already brushed him once today. “What do you want?” I asked.

He looked up at me with his green eyes and said it again, “Meow, meow.”

I guess this is what it’s like to be a cat, I thought. Wanting things that you can’t even articulate. Then I paused. No, maybe this is what it’s like to be a human. Restless, impatient, needy. Sometimes I feel like wandering around the house and whining, wishing somebody would do something.

I sat down on the floor. Fred nestled his head under the counter the way he often does and rolled over on his back so I could rub his stomach. “Do you know what St. Augustine once said about his Master?” I asked, running my hands through Fred’s thick fur. “He said, ‘Our hearts are restless until they rest in Thee.’”

He purred contentedly. I knew the feeling.

I come to You, Lord, looking for rest.

Rick Hamlin
♥- Dayzee- ♥

Barked: Mon Sep 19, '11 5:54am PST 
8 People
========

I heard in a message by MacDonald James that the average pastor
leaves a church because of eight people.

He could pastor a church of hundreds or even thousands, but there
are eight people who cause him to leave. There are eight people
whom he has a problem with and most likely they have a problem
with him.

There could be hundreds who like him, get along with him and
cause him no problems. But those eight...

You have an eight in your life too.

Often they are not the majority or even close to the majority.

With most, it's not eight. It's one or two, but those few cause
us to leave what is important in our mission in life.

Don't let the eight get you down. Instead, wait eight.

Wait Eight www.BrothersofTheWord.com/mp3/5511.mp3

~A MountainWings Original~
♥- Dayzee- ♥

Barked: Tue Sep 20, '11 6:03am PST 
10 Wisdoms for Your HEALTH
===========================

1. More Vegetables - Less Meat
2. More Vinegar - Less Salt
3. More Fruits - Less Sugar
4. More Chew - Less Food
5. More Walk - Less Ride
6. More Sleep - Less Worry
7. More Smile - Less Frown
8. More Practice - Less Thinking
9. More Praise - Less Blame
10. More Charity - Less Greed

♥- Dayzee- ♥

Barked: Sat Oct 1, '11 11:07pm PST 
“ When we bless the cup at the Lord’s Table, aren’t we sharing in the blood of Christ? And when we break the bread, aren’t we sharing in the body of Christ? ”
I Corinthians 10:16 (NLT)

Today is World Communion Sunday.

First, our congregation will share in the breaking of bread, symbolizing the Lord’s body, which was broken for us, followed by the wine, depicting the blood He shed for us. Before this, each of us will have searched our hearts and asked forgiveness for any wrongs we may have done.

After the service is over, we’ll head for the fellowship hall, where my husband and I will join other families pulling out dishes from picnic baskets—or the kitchen’s ovens—and putting them on serving tables.

My contribution is always the same: a chicken-rice casserole. We can count on Mrs. Brown’s cherry cobbler. And Brother Jim will don his usual chef’s hat and apron to bear in a mammoth platter of barbecued ribs. Ang so goes the food parade until the counters become kaleidoscopes of color!

Children whose eyes are barely level with the tabletops queue up to eagerly await the pastor’s blessing and then begin loading their plates.

It’s a happy, yet noisy, place, with all of us chatting, eating, visiting . . .

yes, communing together!

It is truly Your table, Lord, when Your children gather around it, just as You often did with Your friends so long ago.

By Isabel Wolseley
♥- Dayzee- ♥

Barked: Sun Oct 30, '11 7:49am PST 
“ Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them. . . . ”
Romans 12:6 (RSV)
Long ago we’d been told that if Nellie, our black Labrador retriever who suffered from chronic pancreatitis and was an incorrigible food thief to boot, absconded with one more piece of chocolate, it might well be her last. This evening as we’d washed up the dinner dishes, Nellie began to pace the kitchen in wide circles, panting and eyeing us wildly.

We wondered what was wrong until we found an empty, chewed-up box on the back porch. It had once contained a large selection of gourmet brownies. Now, all that was left were tiny shreds of foil and cellophane.

It was the weekend and our veterinarian’s office was closed, so I picked up the phone and dialed my sister Katrina, a large-animal vet. Through halting tears, I explained what had happened. “You must get Nellie to the animal emergency hospital now, ” she said.

I kept the cell phone and Katrina’s reassuring voice to my ear all through the emergency room evaluation. As the hospital veterinarian told us what could be done, Katrina explained what it all meant. From three hundred miles away, she gave me questions to ask the vet, translated the answers and helped us decide what to do.

Nellie was led away, and for a long hour we could hear her yelping from behind closed doors. Finally the doctor returned to tell us that Nellie would be fine in another twenty-four hours. She also told me that my sister was a remarkable vet.

I called Katrina the next day to thank her for what she had been for me through that trying time. “You’re welcome,” she said, “but it was easy. That’s what I do.”

Dear Lord, You’ve given all of us our own talents and abilities, and when we share them, we do for each other what we were meant to do.

By Anne Adriance
♥- Dayzee- ♥

Barked: Fri Nov 11, '11 3:39pm PST 
This is totally amazing. Be sure to read it. Talk about clever and to the point! Never heard it put quite like this before.

RECALL NOTICE:

The Maker of all human beings (GOD) is recalling all units manufactured, regardless of make or year, due to a serious defect in the primary and central component of the heart.This is due to a malfunction in the original prototype units code named Adam and Eve, resulting in the reproduction of the same defect in all subsequent units.This defect has been identified as "Subsequential Internal Non-morality," more commonly known as S.I.N., as it is primarily expressed.

Some of the symptoms include:
1. Loss of direction
2. Foul vocal emissions
3. Amnesia of origin
4. Lack of peace and joy
5. Selfish or violent behavior
6. Depression or confusion
7. Fearfulness
8. Idolatry
9. Rebellion
The Manufacturer, who is neither liable nor at fault for this defect, is providing factory-authorized repair and service free of charge to correct this defect.
The Repair Technician, JESUS, has most generously offered to bear the entire burden of the staggering cost of these repairs. There is no additional fee required.The number to call for repair in all areas is: P-R-A-Y-E-R.
Once connected, please upload your burden of SIN through the REPENTANCE procedure.
Next, download ATONEMENT from the Repair Technician,Jesus, into the heart component.

No matter how big or small the SIN defect is,Jesus will replace it with:
1. Love
2. Joy
3. Peace
4. Patience
5. Kindness
6. Goodness
7. Faithfulness
8. Gentleness
9. Self control

Please see the operating manual, theB.I.B.L.E. (BEST Instructions Before Leaving Earth) for further details on the use of these fixes.

WARNING: Continuing to operate the human being unit without correction voids any manufacturer warranties, exposing the unit to dangers and problems too numerous to list, and will result in the human unit being permanently impounded. For free emergency service, call on Jesus.

DANGER: The human being units not responding to this recall action will have to be scrapped in the furnace. The SIN defect will not be permitted to enter Heaven so as to prevent contamination of that facility. Thank you for your attention!

- GOD

P.S. Please assist where possible by notifying others of this important recall notice, and you may contact the Father any time by 'Knee mail'!
♥- Dayzee- ♥

Barked: Sun Nov 20, '11 7:09am PST 
Where?
=======

There was a little boy,
On the week's first day,
Coming home from Sunday School
And wandering on the way.

He scuffed his shoes into the grass
And found a caterpillar.
He found a fluffy milkweed pod
And blew out all the filler.

A bird's nest in a tree above,
So wisely placed on high,
Was just another wonder
That caught his eager eye.

A neighbor watched his crooked course
And hailed him from the lawn.
He asked him where he'd been that day
And what was going on.

"I've been to Sunday School," he said
As he turned a piece of sod,
And picking up a worm, he smiled,
"I've learned a lot from God!"

"That's a fine way," the neighbor said,
"For a boy to spend his time.
"Now if you can tell me where God is,
I'll give you a brand new dime."

Quick as a flash the answer came,
The boy said without complaint,
"I'll give you a dollar, Mister,
If you can tell me where God ain't!"

~Author Unknown~
  (Page 30 of 30: Viewing entries 291 to 297)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30