Clipping a Golden??

Callie

Barked: Tue Feb 24, '09 11:57am PST 
Hi, I was wondering if any of you in TX clip your Golden for the summer and if so, what is the best way and how short? I don't want her to lose her 'beautiful look' but it would be great to reduce the shedding and help her be more comfortable in the summer here in College Station where it is very humid! Plus we have a brand new baby (our first) coming in May and I think the less shedding the better (she is indoors all the time). I appreciate any advice you can give! Usually, we just use the furminator once in a while and brush her weekly, but that hasn't really cut down the shedding to the extent that we'd like. Also, she is prone to getting hotspots where shaved, so I would want the clip to be longer vs shorter. Also, will her hair grow back even thicker than before? Thanks, Nicole and Callie (CS, TX)dog
Daisi

Not Just Any- Flower In The- Meadow

Barked: Sat Sep 19, '09 2:09pm PST 
dog I live around Austin where it can be really hot, but I don't clip my two Goldens, just cause I prefer not to. I really don't know about clipping, except to leave at least an inch long to protect the skin from the sun. I hope you get the help you need big grin