The Reading Room

(Page 149 of 149: Viewing entries 1481 to 1486)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  140  141  142  143  144  145  146  147  148  149  
Homer

Barked: Sun Aug 30, '15 8:50pm PST 
"Yes, I'm a cat! And I am proud of it! I don't care what you think about that!...Now, do you want to play or not? I want the game to be fun. Agree to that, or I am out of here. I am a cat! And I can amuse myself in other ways! So think about that, Mr. DOG!" Flyer turns her back to him and starts to walk out.

Bernie watches her go, scowling. "I don't need you!" he growls. He noses the ball away from him and then pounces on it. Rolls it away, pounces on it. He does this a few times, then thinks, "This is no fun! Hmmm, how can I get that cat to come back and play with me, without admitting she was right?"

Bernie thinks and thinks. Finally, he decides a treat would do it. Bernie grabs one of his chew toys and thinks this would make a fine present.

"Hey cat!" Bernie yells. "Cat!"

Flyer looks at him and says haughtily, "My NAME is Flyer. If you want to talk to me, call me by my name!"

"Um, Flyer?" Bernie says tentatively.

"Yes, Bernie?"

"How would you like this chewy? It is one of my favorites!" he asks.

"What makes you think I would like that nasty ole thing?" she asks.
♥Tyke- da Emperor

Memfur of Da No- Club

Barked: Mon Aug 31, '15 11:30pm PST 
Bernie watches her go, scowling. "I don't need you!" he growls. He noses the ball away from him and then pounces on it. Rolls it away, pounces on it. He does this a few times, then thinks, "This is no fun! Hmmm, how can I get that cat to come back and play with me, without admitting she was right?"

Bernie thinks and thinks. Finally, he decides a treat would do it. Bernie grabs one of his chew toys and thinks this would make a fine present.

"Hey cat!" Bernie yells. "Cat!"

Flyer looks at him and says haughtily, "My NAME is Flyer. If you want to talk to me, call me by my name!"

"Um, Flyer?" Bernie says tentatively.

"Yes, Bernie?"

Bernie growls at hearing her reply. Then he realizes she won't play if he upsets her.

Flyer also realizes she should tread lightly with Bernie until she's assured of his friendship.

So Bernie stops growling and lowers his head while wagging his tail. At the same time, Flyer says, "I'm sorry, it's a nice toy. I just don't want it. I'll play, but I want respect and friendship. Can you do that?"

Edited by author Mon Aug 31, '15 11:31pm PST

Speedy

Faster than a- speeding bullet!

Barked: Tue Sep 1, '15 6:52pm PST 

Bernie growls at hearing her reply. Then he realizes she won't play if he upsets her.

Flyer also realizes she should tread lightly with Bernie until she's assured of his friendship.

So Bernie stops growling and lowers his head while wagging his tail. At the same time, Flyer says, "I'm sorry, it's a nice toy. I just don't want it. I'll play, but I want respect and friendship. Can you do that?"

Bernie is kind of happy because he really didn't want to give up his chewy!

"Well, I SUPPOSE I could do that. Why don't we see it we can get the little girl to throw the ball for us! That would make it more fair, I think."

♥Tyke- da Emperor

Memfur of Da No- Club

Barked: Tue Sep 1, '15 11:21pm PST 

Bernie is kind of happy because he really didn't want to give up his chewy!

"Well, I SUPPOSE I could do that. Why don't we see it we can get the little girl to throw the ball for us! That would make it more fair, I think."

"Bernie, you have a deal! Let's sniff noses on it!" Flyer says. The two animals sniff noses, somewhat carefully since their friendship is still developing. Flyer is leery of getting bitten, and Bernie is concerned that his sensitive nose will get scratched.

But the two sniff noses without incident. They both head off to see the little girl and see if she will play.
Homer

Barked: Wed Sep 2, '15 9:32pm PST 
"Bernie, you have a deal! Let's sniff noses on it!" Flyer says. The two animals sniff noses, somewhat carefully since their friendship is still developing. Flyer is leery of getting bitten, and Bernie is concerned that his sensitive nose will get scratched.

But the two sniff noses without incident. They both head off to see the little girl and see if she will play.

They find the little girl outside by the swing set. Bernie has the ball in his mouth and he drops it at the little girl, Jasmine's feet. He whines a little.

"What is it, Bernie?" she asks.

He puts one paw gently on her knee and drops the ball into her lap. Flyer jumps up on the bench next to her, butting Jasmine's arm with her head and purring very loudly.
♥Tyke- da Emperor

Memfur of Da No- Club

Barked: Wed Sep 2, '15 10:22pm PST 
They find the little girl outside by the swing set. Bernie has the ball in his mouth and he drops it at the little girl, Jasmine's feet. He whines a little.

"What is it, Bernie?" she asks.

He puts one paw gently on her knee and drops the ball into her lap. Flyer jumps up on the bench next to her, butting Jasmine's arm with her head and purring very loudly.

Jasmine doesn't really understand animal gestures and thinks they want pets and hugs. She grabs Flyer first and hugs her and lets her go to try to grab Bernie. But Bernie jumps back grabbing the ball from her lap and does the "Let's play stance again". Jasmine finally says, "You two want to play!" So she smiles and throws the ball. "Go get it!"
  (Page 149 of 149: Viewing entries 1481 to 1486)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  140  141  142  143  144  145  146  147  148  149