Wolf Hybrid Law needs FOUGHT in WA

Ra (Taken- too Early &- Missed S

Barked: Tue Feb 17, '09 8:34pm PST 
This was sent to me by Lani Ferrante : The point being that we need you to scroll down, find the link where YOU can make a post to let our legislators know that wolf-hybrids should NOT be added to this list and they should NOT be made illegal to have and be able to be taken and euthenized by law enforcement in the state of WA.

I went to Olympia on the 5th of February and gave a testimony as an owner of 2 dogs of Wolf decent in oppostition to the bill, armed with personal knowledge through ownership, info from owners/rescuers like Kim, and pictures of my "dangerous" lap dogs. Jeanne Hall (citizen) and Dave Coleburn (Predators at the Heart) also testified in opposition. A revisal to the bill has been made to allow owners to keep their wolf dogs until the end of their natural lives and if picked up by Animal Control allowed to be returned to their owners...but the legislation would still stand that makes these dogs illegal. I am fighting this legislation to the best of my abilities from the opposite side of the state.

Senate Bill 5383 (Defining a wolf-hybrid as a "potentially dangerous wild animal")
Substitute offered in the Senate on February 13, 2009, to allow a person in legal possession of a wolf-hybrid, prior to the effective date of this act, to keep possession of the animal for the remainder of the animal's life. Allows a wolf-hybrid that is confiscated by animal control to be returned to its owner if the owner can show the animal was acquired prior to the effective date of this act. The substitute passed in the Senate by voice vote on February 13, 2009, to allow a person in legal possession of a wolf-hybrid, prior to the effective date of this act, to keep possession of the animal for the remainder of the animal's life. Allows a wolf-hybrid that is confiscated by animal control to be returned to its owner if the owner can show the animal was acquired prior to the effective date of this act.
http://www.washingtonvotes.org/Legislation.aspx?ID=70662Senate Bill 5383 (Defining a wolf-hybrid as a "potentially dangerous wild animal")
Substitute offered in the Senate on February 13, 2009, to allow a person in legal possession of a wolf-hybrid, prior to the effective date of this act, to keep possession of the animal for the remainder of the animal's life. Allows a wolf-hybrid that is confiscated by animal control to be returned to its owner if the owner can show the animal was acquired prior to the effective date of this act. The substitute passed in the Senate by voice vote on February 13, 2009, to allow a person in legal possession of a wolf-hybrid, prior to the effective date of this act, to keep possession of the animal for the remainder of the animal's life. Allows a wolf-hybrid that is confiscated by animal control to be returned to its owner if the owner can show the animal was acquired prior to the effective date of this act.

http://www.washingtonvotes.org/Legislation.aspx?ID=70662

You can follow the above link to add a comment to the bill before it goes before the Senate.

Lani Ferrante, Deer Park WA