Hi...I'm new

Chupie

Big Boss the- Loud Mouth

Barked: Tue Jan 13, '09 8:33pm PST 
wave
Hi there, My name is Chupie and I'm a senior. I'm about 11 or so. I'm a rescue. (although everyone thinks I might be a little older)
I have a heart murmur and I might have kidney disease. Tomorrow I have to go back to the vet and have another urine test. I probably am in the very early stages. frown
Well thanks for listening to me whine.
bark bark woof woof
Chupie
Rocky - 1997 - 2010

I love my- family!

Barked: Thu Jan 22, '09 3:24am PST 
Hi Chupie, I'm 11 years too - good to see you here - sometimes I don't get to the groups regularly - you are a nice looking pup! wave Rocky, I have a friend's picture as my Primary picture right now - I am a black lab
Sophia

World Traveler

Barked: Tue Feb 3, '09 10:37am PST 
Howdy De Do Chupiewave Nice ta meet ya

So how did that vet appointment turn out fer ya? Try not ta fret pup, if ya catch kidney dasease in the early stages, it is quite treatable.hug

Chupie

Big Boss the- Loud Mouth

Barked: Thu Feb 5, '09 6:59pm PST 
Hi Rocky...Hi Sophia!
Nice to meet both of you.
Sophia thanks for asking about my dr. appt. It went pretty well. She does'nt seem to think its kidney disease (yea) But she said my white blood cells in my urine was up, but not a lot. The doc says I'm a canundrum. Nothing really adds up. Which I suppose I good. I go back in a few months for another urine test. And mom's gotta keep an eye on my water intake, if I get sick, how I feel etc.. Lately I've been very perky, no vomiting, eating well, wanting to go on my walks etc.
Chupie
wave
Rocky - 1997 - 2010

I love my- family!

Barked: Sun Feb 15, '09 8:14am PST 
Hi Chupie, we were out of town and glad to hear that nothing is terrible - as we age, things change sometimes is what our doctor said and that is good it is not kidney problems. It's always good to see the doctor when things aren't quite right though - I just had a CBC and a NSAID blood work so he would know if something changed for me. Take care though and just don't worry cause that seems to make things worse wave
Chupie

Big Boss the- Loud Mouth

Barked: Mon Feb 16, '09 6:48pm PST 
Thanks Rocky...
I hope your cbc and other blood work comes out fine. I've been feeling really good lately. Nice and perky. Wanting to go on my walks and frisky. Oh, I also have a heart murmur. So some days I don't feel like going out but all in all I've been doing really well, which makes my mommy really happy.happy dancehappy dancehappy dancehappy dance
Well I hope everyone is doing fine!!
Chupie
Rocky - 1997 - 2010

I love my- family!

Barked: Thu Feb 19, '09 11:34am PST 
Chupie Blood tests showed a little elevation in 2 levels, but otherwise all was good, in fact some levels were really good the doctor said. Having a time sleeping and we're working on that (at night) and also just slowing up - sure is cold out which may be part of the reason! Glad to hear from you!
Chupie

Big Boss the- Loud Mouth

Barked: Thu Feb 19, '09 1:44pm PST 
Hi Rocky...
Glad to hear your blood test are good. I see you live in New York. Yeah, it's awful nippy up that ways. Us old bones don't do to well in the cold. When you have trouble sleeping at night...do you think it might be cause you have trouble seeing in dark. My fur sister Pixie can't see real well at night (either can Rex) so mommy leaves a nightlight and the bathroom light on for them. Cause otherwise they get scarred and have troubles sleeping. You might try talking to your mommy bout' this.

chupieway to goway to goway to go
Rocky - 1997 - 2010

I love my- family!

Barked: Sat Apr 18, '09 6:57am PST 
Hi Chupie, my the time has flown since we answered the group - we are sorry - had some computer problems crashing and all - still do - my moving around at night could be from not seeing or just restless - the doctor thinks I have a little old-timer's but not enough for the meds as they don't always work and can be expensive. He said benedryl and a melatonin before bedtime can help calm me down. Anyhow - hope you are doing ok - the spring is finally coming here and not alot of heavy coats to wear - still a fleece though - old bones and all.....snoopy
Chupie

Big Boss the- Loud Mouth

Barked: Thu Apr 23, '09 11:58pm PST 
big grin Hi Rocky...
Glad to see you got your 'puter workina little bit. It's hard to believe back in the olden days (the 80's) they did'nt even have personal computers!!
I've never heard of a doggie taken melatonin...mom takes it every night. Do you take it with the benedryl? What is the dosage you take?
I sure was concerned when you mentioned your dr. thinks you might have old timers. Mom had a little doggie several yrs ago with that. Her name was Frances. Nights were always bad for her.
I'm glad your weather is better. We just got to 100F ...Its been sooo hot. Mom and Dad finally gave me my summer shave. I'm very sylish now. (and cooler) My joints don't hurt but I sure do drink a lot of water.
Chupie