Welcome new members! Tell us about yourself

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Marley

Not your- ordinary- Greyhound!

Barked: Sun Aug 10, '08 10:06am PST 
Welcome to Molly D's Greyhounds! Tell us about your racing days, your favorite things to do in retirement, and where you live smile
Molly Gene

Barked: Sun Aug 10, '08 10:52am PST 
Yipee - Someone finally singled me out and I'm thrilled to become a member of Molly D's Greyhounds. You see, I live with my two younger Whippet Bros. and they demand most of the attention. Hah, I'll show them. My name is Molly Gene and I retired from the
Plainfield, CT track in 1999. My mom requested a black greyhound from Make Peace with Animals in New Hope, PA and my crazy littermate, Maggie and I were available. I am so glad I got chosen first, as I am the timid one. Maggie went home a half hour later with another family from NJ with a little girl whom I'm sure she is having fun with! I am from the WestMead line. I was 3 1/2 when I was adopted by Jan and Carl and I am now 11 1/2 years young and going
strong. I usually take a back seat to the whippet boys, however, that is where I am most comfortable. I love to lounge around the house and of course go on long walks. I love to eat and our mom gives us lots of tastsy morsels to enjoy. Today, she is making us
chicken liver muffints. Yum, yum. That's it for now, I'll be back
though. Thanks again for inviting me to your group. Aren't greyhounds just the greytest dogs ever!!snoopyapplauseblue dog
Marley

Not your- ordinary- Greyhound!

Barked: Sun Aug 10, '08 11:17am PST 
Hi Molly G-welcome to Molly D!!! Greys are the best...tell those whippets to pay some respect to the "big dog" smile I'm an only, but my mom says I'm going to get a sister greyhound soon. I don't know if I'll like that or not, I'm kinda spoiled but hey, aren't greyhounds supposed to be????

Thalion

Lead me to your- sofa

Barked: Sun Aug 10, '08 11:57am PST 
Hi Molly D's members!

I'm Thalion (aka Sly Herman). I just had my 8th birthday. I raced for about three months in New Hampshire and Connecticut when I was 3 years old and I came to my mom through Make Peace with Animals also! My mom saw my picture on their website and liked the description that I was outgoing and energetic. What they were really saying was that I was friendly and wild. I've calmed down a lot over the years and I now live happily in an apartment with my whippety brother, Sam. He is so silly, but I like him most of the time. He BARKS when he wants to play and that gets on my nerves. Mom tries to make him be quiet, but he is persistent.

Three years ago I got to meet my littermate, Bogey, at Greyhounds Reach the Beach. I was so excited to see him after all those years. He is short like me and is almost as handsome. He is black with a white chest.

I like hiking with my mom and Sam. We have lots of trails nearby even though we live in the city. We hike 2-4 times each week. I'm getting a little old for hiking, but I insist on going anyway. I just make my mom walk slower. I almost got my mouth on a groundhog yesterday. It was a really dumb groundhog because mom, Sam and I kept walking closer and closer and it wouldn't move. When it did, I became 80 pounds of wild greyhound. I almost pulled my mom down as I lunged at the beast.

I also like riding in the car since often we go to McDonalds and get double cheeseburgers from the dollar menu. My luck to be adopted by a vegetarian, but at least my mom lets US eat meat. Cheeseburgers are my favorite food. I also like freeze-dried liver. I get pieces of liver every day for being a good boy after having my teeth brushed or my nails dremeled.

Thanks for asking me into your group!

Your friend,

Thalion
Novell

Loooook into my- eeeeeeeeyes

Barked: Sun Aug 10, '08 1:13pm PST 
Hi everybody! I'm Novell and I just celebrated my five year anniversary with my mom. I can't believe it's been so long since I was in the racing world, but I'm loving every minute of retirement. I love snoozing on the futon, especially, and squeaking my toys in the early morning.
Cleo

Cleo--Ex-athlete- , enjoying- retirement!

Barked: Sun Aug 10, '08 3:09pm PST 
Hi, everyone! I'm Cleo, a four-year-old retired racer, and I live in Schaumburg, IL. My favorite pasttimes include sleeping on the bed, sleeping on the floor, sleeping on the couch, and defending my territory in the neighborhood. I also spend three hours every month meeting and greeting people at our local Petsmart on behalf of the retired racers who still need homes. There are some who would call me a diva, but I like to think of it as "knowing what I want." And what I want is to help myself to some treats and get my owner out of *my* spot on the couch.
Anubis

Zzzzzzzz...

Barked: Sun Aug 10, '08 3:17pm PST 
Hi there! I'm Anubis, Cleo's younger adopted brother. I am a two-year-old retired racer. I only raced 7 races because I broke my hock, but I won one! (And I'm completely healed now.) I raced at Dairyland in Wisconsin. I joined my family in December, and I really love retirement. I love to sleep with my owners every night. Or if they're not sleeping, then I'll take up the whole bed. I must admit, I'm still kind of bashful around people who aren't my owners, so I let Cleo soak up all the attention when we're out in public. I also don't really know what to make of what they call "other dogs," especially the furry white ones that look just like bunnies to me. But I do love going to the dog park and playing with anyone I meet there.

My favorite hobbies include napping, walking, and of course, running!
Roxie

It's tough being- a princess. :)

Barked: Sun Aug 10, '08 3:27pm PST 
Hello, I'm Roxie. wave I am 6 years old and live in WI with my mudder, fadder and two adopted greyhound brothers, Dewey & Fallon. I was adopted about 4 1/2 years ago through GPA Wisconsin. My racing career was short as I really didn't want to race. I knew that there was a couch out there waiting for me. wink

When I first came home, mudder and fadder brought me home as a foster. I think that's when the skin folks teach us greyhounds what it's like to live in a house and be a pet. Well my fostering didn't go long. After two weeks, they knew they couldn't live without me. happy dance

I love my brother, Dewey. He helps me to be confident when I am scared. My brother, Fallon, is my playmate. He and I have so much fun playing together. I've got to say that retirement is wonderful. Mudder takes us all sorts of places to promote greyhound adoption to help other houndies find their forever homes. "Pay it forward" she always says. wink
Hammer

Captain Burger

Barked: Tue Aug 12, '08 6:13pm PST 
Hi all! My mom and foster sister are really excited to make some new greyt friends! smile
I was born in Texas and raced all over the country from Arizona to Connecticut and all the way down into Florida. I ended up after almost 5 years at Derby Lane in St. Petersburg Florida. Finally they let me retire and mom found me at her local rescue group. She started out fostering me, I needed alot of surgeries! All my front canines had to be pulled in two different surgeries. It's ok though, what does teeth matter when food is involved wink
My little foster sister has only been with us for a few weeks, but man is she learning the important things quick...like how to cruise the counter to see whats for dinner! She ran 33 races, lucky dog and was allowed to retire early. She is a pip though, keeping my old bones active.
Now I get to lounge on my couch most of the day and play with my foster sibs and little brother BohBoh. We love going to the park and meeting other greys for a quick romp followed by a nap in the sand.
Duchess

It's time for a- temper tantrum!

Barked: Wed Aug 13, '08 5:40pm PST 
Hey Marley; you're the best...thanks for the invite!!! Hey if you are looking for a new lil sis any time soon there are still two of my siblings up for adoption at Peaceable Kingdom Animal Rescue in Granville NY. 2 100% pure 2 month old sweet little Greyhound pups; Rainna and Reney.
That's basically my story...My mommies were looking for a Greyhound from a rescue and were extremely surprised to find puppies! They figured they would take on the puppy challenge because it would be easier on the cats and my big sis Sadie!!! And, they were right; but man is it tough work for them. Oh well, they say it is a labor of love!
Anyway, my mom was a racer, but me and my 9 siblings were too young to race...so here I am. I guess I'll just have to do most of my racing at the Southington Doggie Park!

snoopy
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3