START A PROTEST IN YOUR AREA AGAINST PETSTORES THAT SELL PUPPIES

binky

Binky is my- little man.

Barked: Sun Jun 1, '08 1:49pm PST 
Everyone it works, let's put an end to the horrible pet trade industry. These poor dogs have suffered enough, let's end it by getting rid of the petstores that sell the puppies it's the only way. If you are in L.A. join us on Saturdays against the "Pets of Bel Air"
Rocky

funny

Barked: Tue Jul 8, '08 9:00pm PST 
Well i live in Taylor but send notes to people to stop selling puppies where you live and if they keep selling them tell the city and see if you can shut them down. I love animals so if they keep on selling them SHUT THEM DOWN !!!
Pepsi

Barked: Mon Aug 4, '08 11:00am PST 
We are staging a protest of the new Petland store which will be opening in the Pittsburgh Village of East Side on this Saturday, the 9th of August.

Here are the facts about Petland (which many of you on this forum already know):

• Petland is a large pet store franchise who makes profit by selling
intentionally bred companion animals.

• Most of the puppies sold at Petland come from puppy mills,
factory-style breeding operations that produce puppies in large
numbers. They are notorious for being inhumane; designed to
maximize profits, disregarding the physical social and emotional
health of the dogs. Breeder dogs are kept in cruel confinement
and forced to bear litter after litter until they no longer can.

• Many puppy mill puppies are inbred and suffer physical,
emotional and behavioral problems.

• Rabbits, kittens, birds and other animals are also likely provided
by factory-style mill operations.

• Petland sells animals that have not been spayed or neutered,
contributing to the overpopulation of animal shelters and rescue
organizations.

• Some Petland stores have violated state anti-cruelty laws with
inhumane confinement and the freezing of baby mice and rats
alive.

• Anecdotal evidence (eg. ConsumerAffairs.com) indicates that
many, many animals become very ill soon after being purchased,
and that Petland’s “warranties” often do not cover these illnesses.

Petland supports an inhumane industry AND takes away potential homes from thousands of animals in shelters whose lives are already at stake. To add insult to injury, the new Petland is just around the corner from one of Pittsburgh’s largest city shelters. At this time of year, in the middle of “kitten season,” all of the shelters are overflowing with animals looking for good homes.

Please help us picket Petland and convince shoppers to boycott this store before it even gets off its feet. We need numbers so that we can have a presence at the store over opening weekend, as well as a continuing presence in future weeks. If you can help us, please contact us at petlandprotest@gmail.com for more information.

Jet

I sure do love- walks &- treats!!! :D :D

Barked: Mon Aug 24, '09 3:46pm PST 
That's horrible what Petland has been doing.

Good luck!
☼Annie- ☼

Tricks bring me,- Mama, and all- else joy!

Barked: Fri Aug 28, '09 1:53pm PST 
Will do...
Jet

I sure do love- walks &- treats!!! :D :D

Barked: Sat Aug 29, '09 4:28am PST 
We actually might be starting a protest a little out of our area, because before I got Jet, I was looking online, and I saw a "breeder" and we thought we might call up the person. However, the same friend that my mom works with whose parents own a grooming shop, said that there were a lot of puppy mills near the area the dog was supposebly "bred". We will do some more research, and if you would like any more information, feel free to pawmail me!