Canine DNA Project

Murphy

I'm the most- handsome guy!

Barked: Tue May 6, '08 11:19am PST 
Greetings West Highland Terrier Group Members!

I represent the Canine Heritage Breed Test through MMI Genomics located in Davis California. We are in the process of expanding the test, to help owners of mixed breed dogs not only satisfy their curiosity as to what their dog's breed make-up includes, but also to assist with possible behavior and health issues.

Unfortunately, one of the breeds we do not have the identifiers for is the West Highland Terrier. So, I am reaching out to all of you to see if there is an interest in assisting us with this project? We are looking to obtain at least 40 samples, from 40 different dogs within this breed. The dogs must be AKC registered Westie dogs.

Donating a sample is simple, painless and does not require a visit to the vet. If you are interested, I will send you a sample kit, and all you have to do is swab the inside of your dogs mouth with the K9CheekSwab. That's it! Simple, painless, easy...and takes less than a minute to do. There will also be a simple form to fill out, and we ask that you also provide us with a copy of your dogs AKC registration for verification.

Privacy is extremely important to us, so we will not share your information, your dogs information, or their DNA sample, with anyone (that's a question we get a lot).

After reading this - if you are interested in helping out, or have additional questions, please feel free to contact me directly:

Robin Ray
MMI Genomics
robin.ray@mmigenomics.com
(530) 297-2904

You can see the test and get more information at our website: http://www.mmigenomics.com

Thank you for your time and consideration!