In need of some help with my Bichon

Lyla

Sweet Lyla

Barked: Mon Apr 28, '08 4:01pm PST 
Hi I am new to this group and I am in need of some advice from fellow Bichon Lovers. I have a 21 week old purebreed Bichon Frise. I recently started noticing rapid spots of gray showing up on her skin. She has them around her anus and private area, some on her legs and belly, also on her ears and hind spot. I took her to the vet to make sure it was nothing serious like a skin infection and they informed me that it is normal color pigment and told me it will be there forever. I was on the understanding that bichon's dont have spots? Can someone please help me solve this mystery! Thank you
Maggie- Eileen of- White Faerie-

Barked: Mon Aug 25, '08 2:15pm PST 
do you see the spots through the hair? because my bichon also has some small ones, but you just see them on her belly where she has very short hair.
Sparky

I'm an angel now- with beautiful- wings...

Barked: Mon Sep 1, '08 10:35pm PST 
Actually almost a month ago I became a bridge baby BUT I had spots too. The funny thing is our vet said the same thing to mom. It sems that in the summer I get them alot and in the winter they were all gone. Go figure. Humom beleives it's the hot weather or maybe lying in the back yard when it's on the hot side. We have a Maltese too and he has the same thing a few on his beely and they will go away to for the winter. We live in NY where it can get pretty hot from May to October and then really freezing in Jan - March....

Liddy

Barked: Thu Dec 4, '08 1:40pm PST 
I have two of my 4 bichons who have spots on there belly and Bicey have one that on his side that's about 4 inches long. The hair covers it, so I never gave it much thought!
Troy

Your home is my- puddle

Barked: Mon Jan 5, '09 1:03pm PST 
I got spots suddenly all over my tummy and then the rest of my body. The Vet said it's nothing. But how can something be nothing? I have a feeling it's some kind of fungus infection, which is common. Like athlete's foot in humans. I wish I could find a Vet who knew the answer. I had a clear pink tummy and then all of a sudden spots developed when I was 2 years and 3 months old. Weird.
JR 1995-July- 31, 2013

I'm just a wild- and crazy guy!

Barked: Tue Jan 27, '09 12:28pm PST 
wave Hi Pups. Dark pigmentation on the Bichon's skin is perfectly normal. We like to call em cow spots. Some pups have em that are only light brown and some pups have spots that are dark and look kinda like bruises. But don't worry cow spots on your skin just mean you are Bichon to the bone baby!!
Vanora

Is it snuggle- time, yet?

Barked: Mon Feb 9, '09 7:46am PST 
My Vee Vee has spots, too. You normally don't see them unless she's in the tub and her hair is all wet. She's got a big black one on her back, which totally makes her look like she's part cow! It makes her so cute! So, spots are normal, and it's just one more thing to love about your Bichon! big grin