Frenchie Health

Lola

I'm go crazy for- people.

Barked: Sat Apr 5, '08 3:47pm PST 
I'd like to start a thread to help Frenchie owners & new owners with Frenchie puppies with any health advice, concerns, questions to help one another. Please add anything you health topics you'd like.
Lola

Barked: Sat Apr 5, '08 3:51pm PST 
The raw diet changed my life for the better!
How many of you currently feed your frenchie the raw diet?
Lola eats Nature Variety Raw frozen Venison.

My vet says she has never seen a frenchie maintain such perfect wait. She has the perfect amount of fat which will keep her healthier longer. And her stomach which in the past was upset every now and again with gas, diahrea, etc. Since she's been eating raw she has perfect very small compact stools. (ok gross i know) but I can't tell you how much that made a difference in the blue bag routine wink
Ace

Ace of Spades

Barked: Fri Aug 15, '08 8:09pm PST 
How is Lola's gas now?? Has that calmed down as well?blue dog

Lola

Barked: Thu Oct 2, '08 8:50pm PST 
Since she has been on the raw diet, no gas at all. Same with my boston.
Lola

Barked: Thu Oct 2, '08 8:56pm PST 
I just noticed your neighborhood, I highly recommend going to Pawtrero!

They are so knowledgeable on pet health.
Sophie

Barked: Tue May 19, '09 10:05pm PST 
Hi guys, I know it's been awhile since anyone has responded to this post. Just wanted to say the raw food diet is working wonders on Sophie's gas problem! We use the primal raw food diet. She has no allergy problems, so she can eat all types. We prefer to feed her chicken and lamb though.
Dodger

Barked: Wed Jun 3, '09 9:28am PST 
Interesting! We've been hesitant to look into the raw diet for Dodger because we were afraid his gas would get WORSE. And if it got worse, we'd have to start living outside!!

We've got him on Wellness puppy (dry) with a little Wellness wet mixed in and would (of course) wean him off slowly if we tried something new.

Are there any brands that are better than others? How is your Frenchie's digestion (read: poop) since switching?
Sophie

Barked: Sun Jun 7, '09 10:37pm PST 
Since changing to the raw food diet, Sophie's poop has been very small and firm. When she was on her dry food, it tended to be looser.