How do you feel about declawing?

Nefertiti

Where my- servants at?!

Barked: Thu Apr 3, '08 8:13pm PST 
Hello everyone, my momma just recently had me declawed, and she is still coping with the fact that she had to get me declawed to keep me. You see my momma is a Type 1 diabetic and I don't like the fact that when I show her love I get a little excited and my claws come out. She understands and don't hold it against me but she still feels bad about getting me declawed. I'm coping just fine being declawed because I'm an indoor kitten and love being pampered anyway. My momma takes very great care of me, I even has my own condo and room, I just wish she would feel better about having me declaw. I still love her! What do y'all say about that? I mean I'm coping better than she is...(smile)

Edited by author Thu Apr 3, '08 8:19pm PST

Sebastian

Scooter King

Barked: Tue Aug 18, '09 8:41am PST 
I'm glad to hear you're coping well with getting declawed. My mommie declawed my sis and I (and her mom declawed her cats before us) when we were very young. We do all of the same things we did before we were declawed...we scratch (at least we go through the motions) the furniture, carpets, and scratching toys (and I must say that we have pretty strong paws now). We haven't changed in demeanor, so I think you won't even notice after a little while. Purrrr.