Shampoo

Maggie- McHaggis

If it's on the- floor, it's mine

Barked: Fri Mar 28, '08 8:18am PST 
Maggie has an itch, it's not so bad, but it seems to be a bit of a bother for her. Can a Cairn person recommend a shampoo that will help soothe her skin. She's my first Cairn- I know they have sensitive skin.... Thanks!
Jesse James

You have to play- with me!*!

Barked: Sat Apr 5, '08 9:27am PST 
The best thing is no shampoo at all. Everything we've read (and our Vet agrees) says that Cairns should not be bathed. Well, that's impossible if your Cairn goes outside. The next best thing is to limit bathing to only when necessary and never use shampoo. Let us know what happens.
haddie

Who said a Cairn- isn't a lap- dog!?!

Barked: Sat Sep 19, '09 8:15am PST 
hEY ALL,

I know this has been inactive for a while, but here's some info any way regarding sensitive skin.=--My mom is a massage therapist, her friend is a hairdresser. the friends dog is bathed in Paul mitchell's tea tree shampoo. Mom uses tea trea oil at her job because it has anti-bacterial, anti fungal properties.

When she was stripping me one day, she accidentally pulled some of my undercoat. My skin got very irritated very quickly. Mom wanted to run in front of a bus. But then she remembered the tea tree oil. She put a little bit on my irritation and the next day it was all better.

She recommended to other friends to try the tea tree oil-pure not mixed or cut, and within days some of the nastiest skin conditions were cleared up. Sure beats steroids. But she also said I could only share this info. If I promised to tell ya'll that you should probably run this by your vet. first!