Is there anything I can do?

Chevy

Chevy Dog!!!!!!

Barked: Mon Mar 17, '08 4:36pm PST 
I live in a city that passed a law declaring pit bulls and pit bull mixes dangerous dogs. Now to have one in the city limits you have to have a chain link pen anchored two feet into the ground with a concrete floor and a chain link top. We also have to have 'Beware of Dog' signs every fifteen feet along the fence and a lock on the gate and we can't walk them on a leash longer than four feet or without a muzzle. And if they get out they can be shot on sight. Chevy is the sweetest dog and I don't think its fair. Is there anything to do about this?
Diesel

Dieselbug - Mayor of Spoiled- Rotten town

Barked: Tue Jul 22, '08 4:04am PST 
Hi, I am new to Dogster and a new owner of a pit mix. I live in Ohio who is now another state that is trying to ban them from the entire state. I am surrounded by at least 3 cities that have successfully banned them and passed the same clause that you are having to go through now. I have joined CAO which is a local group in Ohio that fights against the BSL legislation. We were told to just show up at all open town meetings and voice our opinion, we write and email and call our legislators and pass out information with the proper answers about the breed. It is a start. So far, we were able to stop one ban. Look for local groups in your area and begin there. I wish you the best of luck. There is more to this breed than what these people are willing to see. I love my dog and will move if need be.