It was worth it

Honey- (1998-2008)

I'm Mom's BEST- dog!

Barked: Thu Mar 6, '08 11:18am PST 
Honey lost her fight with cancer on 2/13/08. She was diagnosed almost exactly 4 months earlier. She had a very good prognosis w/ B-cell cancer (lymphoma), so we did the standard chemotherapy protocol, but the results were not what the doc expected. With the weekly bloodwork and chemo and the initial biopsy and cell-type tests, the cost was $2,000+ -- and it was worth every penny to have Honey with us and feeling pretty normal all through the holidays. At the end, she developed a large tumor that wasn't in the lymph nodes. During the last couple of days, she stopped eating, didn't sleep well, and began to lose function in her back legs. As my vet said, while we want them with us as long as possible, we have to make the best decision for them -- which is sometimes not what we want. RIP, Honey, the best dog ever.
Brandibear *- Forever in- our He

Let's go fur a- walk!

Barked: Thu Mar 6, '08 2:23pm PST 
I'm so very sorry you had to go to the Bridge. Cancer is a horrible, nasty thing.
Hugs to your familyhughughug
Barney (in- loving- memory)

Barked: Wed May 21, '08 10:21pm PST 
Lots of doggy kisses from our family to yours. We're sorry to hear your loved furbaby lost her battle to cancer. I'm sure she is watching over you and left this world knowing she was very much loved.