Let's get it started...again!

Kilowatt

Barked: Tue Feb 19, '08 2:52pm PST 
I was just reading an old thread about fun dog-friendly places to take your Golden in Virginia in the summer. I live in the New River Valley and my Kilowatt loves to go swimming in the New River near McCoy which is right outside of Blacksburg. You do have to be careful on some parts of the river because of the current, but last summer, with the drought, it was perfect...fairly still and plenty deep to swim. He was only 8 months at the time and just getting his sea legs, so we kept him on a long floatable line. It didn't hinder him and all and it kept him for wandering too far. We're looking forward to the warm weather and lots more swimming adventures...he surely loves it as a Golden is supposed to!
Brutus

Barked: Wed Feb 18, '09 8:15pm PST 
Brutus is 6 months and I can't wait until the warmer weather! I've been searching to dog friendly beaches and trails to take him for a great adventure that Goldens love. I take my 10 year old to few places but he doesn't necessarily need as much room to romp as Brutus does.
I'm also excited about not having all the mud all the time! If we can get past the spring without completely destroying the house with muddy paws we'll be good. smile