Rescue Group Discussion

Cookies 'n'- Creme- (1998-2011)

Heart of a lion,- soul of a lamb

Barked: Fri Feb 8, '08 5:39pm PST 
This thread is to discuss rescue groups. What rescue groups would you recommend? What do you like about rescue groups? What are your opinions on rescue groups? Etc.
Blizzard

Furry Gal

Barked: Mon Feb 18, '08 11:28am PST 
One thing I like about rescue groups are the breed specific ones.

If you are looking for a specific type of dog at a very low fee these are great resources!! I mean where else can you get a gorgeous Husky or a stunning German Shepherd for aprox. $150!

Not only that, often these groups foster in their own homes so you have an idea how the dog does with other dogs/ cats / or young kids. Plus let's say you are looking for something rare like a Toy American Eskimo Dog - they will often put you on a list and when one comes in they will call you right away.
Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Tue Feb 19, '08 7:40pm PST 
Yeah! My humans never got a dog from a rescue group, but they almost did! Last year, they didn't have me. They wanted a Sheltie. First place that they checked was the shelter. Next a Sheltie rescue. They didn't have what they were looking for. They did find a Sheltie named Shelby in a rescue group about 4 hours away from us. They applied for her, but someone else got her. At least she got a home!smile I came from the shelter.

Hershey

Bark it Loud &- Proud!

Barked: Sun Mar 9, '08 4:52pm PST 
I'm a rescue! The people who had me before thought I was "too high energy." I guess they shouldn't have gotten a Puppy! Anyway, the rescue group I was relenquished to found me great forever home!!!! I get to do Agility soon. What fun!snoopy
Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Mon Mar 10, '08 1:03pm PST 
Well glad you got a home!snoopyparty
Your story is another example of why people should research what breeds are best for them and then consider what would be best: a puppy or adult.
Good luck in your new home!wink
Oreo (given away)

Did you say- Milk-bone?!!!

Barked: Sat Jun 13, '09 5:27am PST 
I oreo, came from a bad breeder. My parents did not know it at first, but they found out later. I am blind and parcially deaf. But I am still a fuzzy lion!