Little Black Bumps on my back

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Sebastian

The King,- Inspector- General

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '08 4:42am PST 
Our mini schnauzer, Sebatian has tiny little black bumps on his back. Yes, he is a white mini.
He has had a couple trips to the vet, special shampoo & rinse - couple rounds of antibiotics & steroid pills, new food Natural Balance Sweet Potato & Venision (that is all he eats) bumps were almost gone and now are coming back in just a few spots still on his back - is this "Schnauzer Skin" - any ideas? confused
Riley

Barked: Sun May 4, '08 6:35pm PST 
Hi,

I do have the same problem on Riley's back. He has small bumps along his spine. They are kind of like zits, but I'm not sure. I did some research and it might be Schnauzer Comedo Syndrome. There is no cure. I found this website to be helpful:
http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=2&cat=1592&art icleid=476

Also,
I've been bathing Riley in shampoo that has benzoyl Peroxide in it. I've been using DermaPet, but I am going to be getting him SulfOxyDex Shampoo and see if that helps.

His bumps seem to be getting better. I've bathed him about every 2-3 days right now and changed his food to Canidae wet and dry (all natural). Hopefully this will help.

Let me know if you've had any improvements.
Riley

Barked: Thu May 8, '08 8:45am PST 
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you all know... since i've changed Riley's food to better food with no by products in it and been shampooing him ever 2-3 days his bumps have gotten a LOT better!!!

Mason- Anderson

Cake, I love- Cake!

Barked: Tue Jul 15, '08 5:58am PST 
As long as I bath Mason once a week or so with Cloud Nine shampoo and feed him good food, he doesn't get these anymore. The harsh chemical stuff the vet gave us for it did nothing.

Mason's mom
Frankie

Pet me....Now...

Barked: Mon Jul 28, '08 4:39pm PST 
I'm a bit curious to the lasting results of constant bathings. While I understand that the bumps are disapearing (good news!), I can't help but wonder if the skin will get too dry from all the constand washings.

While there are indeed special formulized shampoos, it was my understanding that a dog should not be washed too often as this can indeed dry out the skin moreso as their pore structure is different.

Most of the time skin allergies are a result of poor quality diets and can be remedied by the introduction of higher quality foods, less grains, and the introduction of omega 3 & 6 oils (usually found in fish products...i.e. Salmon).

Has your vet been okay with all the contant bathing? Are you still on this regime?
Hallelujah- Praise- God"Halle"

Schnauzers Are- Special!

Barked: Mon Sep 8, '08 8:32pm PST 
What your schn has has a name. we groomers call it schn crud. I can put you in touch wuth Nu Vet Vitamins that helps a lot or The Missing Lionk supplement powder that has also worked for other schnauzers in the past. I am a PROFESSIONAL DOG GROOMER.
Clair

Princess Of the- house

Barked: Tue Sep 30, '08 9:36am PST 
Bathing too much will take all of the natural oils away. I bathe Clair about twice a month....The bathing will also take away the shine..though you can get some of the shine back by giving your dog one ONLY ONE egg a month.

Hope you find a right answer to those bumps! wishes

Clair
Strauss

Feed me!

Barked: Tue Dec 9, '08 8:20pm PST 
I did notice some breeders use NuVet for their pups. My mom is gonna talk to my dad about it, and see if we can try it for my "pimple butt" as Mommie Dearest calls me *schnauzer giggle* ~~ Thanks for sharing... in schnauzer friendship, me, ~Strauss

puppy
Rudolf

Rudolf-The Black- Nose Schnauzer

Barked: Mon Jan 12, '09 6:43pm PST 
the last time Rudolf had the bumps,i changed his diet to vegetarian.Maybe u would want to try Addiction "Zen Vegetrian"it works wonders for the skin and all the bumps cleared in no time.big grin
Ashton

One easy going- Schnauzer

Barked: Tue Jan 13, '09 7:37am PST 
Ashton had this problem and it I did nothing and we went to the beach and became a Big problem! We went to the vet. Schnauzers have special skin. the vet said do not put anything that is not made for dogs on him.I am nurse so I was using all kinds of things. I ended up changing his diet from neutro to something else, and I use a special sesative dog shampoo when he gets a a bath
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2