What's your adoption story?

Glady Jo

I am weenie,- behold my roar!

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '08 8:07pm PST 
Hi, I just joined. Rather, we just joined...all four of us: Lucy, Glady, Pansy, and Chewy. Just thought I'd get a discussion going here. I applaud each of us on adopting a dog and saving a life or maybe more than one. So, tell us about your adoption. What prompted your doggy parent(s) to adopt? Tell us about yourselves!
Glady Jo

I am weenie,- behold my roar!

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '08 8:12pm PST 
I'll start. I'm a long-haired mini doxie. I'm 6 years old, and I live in TX. My wonderful mommy just adopted me a coupla weeks ago. I came through the Richardson Humane Society which is a group that she volunteers with and the same group that my new furbling Lucy came from. My previous owner died. That was actually a bit of a blessing for me because she was a backyard breeder, and I was one of the bitches. Now, I'm officially in retirement with my fellow doxie pals. Six of us came into RHS together, but unfortunately one of the girls had to be put down due to health problems. The rest of us were all fixed up and ready to be adopted by people who would truly adore us instead of just breeding us for money. So far, three of us have found our forever homes! And if I say so myself it's much better being a pet than being someone's livestock. cloud 9
Sugar the- second

I just wanna- SLEEP!!!

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '08 5:00pm PST 
I was saved at the last moment!!I was going to be put to sleepfrown but thanks to my mommy she adopted mesmileI WUFF U MOMMY!

Sugar the- second

I just wanna- SLEEP!!!

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '08 5:04pm PST 
I was saved at the last moment!!I was going to be put to sleepfrown but thanks to my mommy she adopted mesmileI WUFF U MOMMY!
Lucy Louise

Just call me- Grandma.

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '08 7:12pm PST 
Same here, Sugar. I was a last minute rescue. Not too many people want a dog that's 14, ya know. Apparently, my old mommy's family didn't want me either after she died. So the shelter was gonna put me to sleep. But then the local Humane Society came along and fostered me. Then mommy found me, and the rest is history.