Share your cairn terrier stories.

Oliver

Join- group- Dog-opoly!

Barked: Fri Dec 28, '07 6:22pm PST 
Share your cairn terrier stories here. dancing
Cally

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '07 11:09am PST 
Good topic! Here's my story...

We have a horse field right across the street from us. Cally LOVES running away when she's loose into that field. Once I was outside alone and took Cally out with me. I'm pretty lazy, so I didnt tie her up. When I went to pick raseberries in our garden, I looked behind me and Cally wasnt coming. I went find her, but she wasnt anywhere. I then remembered she loves the horses field. I saw her in there right beside the HORSE. I wanted to get my mom, but I didnt want Cally to run away further into the field. So, I called her. She ran further into the field. I had no choice. I couldnt catch her myself, so I got my mom. When I came back she was gone. "I LOST HER!" I cried. Even though I was hopeless I ran around still looking for her. Turns out, she was in the barn....eating HAY!! laugh out loud
Oliver

Join- group- Dog-opoly!

Barked: Sun Dec 30, '07 8:33am PST 
haha, that's funny Cally! I forgot to write MY story....
On December, 20, my parents and my sister were going out to a party. I couldnt go, so I had to go to my nannie's house for the night. Unfortunatly, we ALL forgot to lock the door to my parents bedroom...When we were all gone, Oliver went into my parents room and found Christmas presents. When we all got back, Oliver was lying on the floor, moaning and wouldnt even get up to greet us at the door!! We all started snooping around the house, trying to find something he ate. Then, my mom found in her room, an empty gift basket of chocolate fudge and a soap bakset with half a piece of lavender soap. Yes, Oliver ate the lavender soap AND the chocolate fudge...Both Christmas presents. The thing that's weird is...Oliver never learned his lesson yet!

Wrigley

Barked: Fri Jan 4, '08 12:31pm PST 
Oliver, you sound like my cairns. Lenny is my foster cairn and was starved and neglected and has some serious food issues. He loves to carry food around the house with him and hide it, and strangely enough, he has taught the other cairns in the house not to eat it. The day I got my new foster, Rusty, it was almost like Lenny was teaching him a lesson. He dropped a piece of food in front of the tv, under the coffee table, and in front of the recliner, and then went behind the couch with his head peaking around the corner. If Rusty tried to approach the food, Lenny would come out from behind the couch and sit behind that piece...needless to say it kept him very busy. The funny thing is that Lenny isn't food aggressive, and it Rusty would have eaten the food, Lenny would have just sat there with a poor little pathetic look on his face like "what just happened here?".