I bark at the doorbell

Shayna

Rub my belly!

Barked: Sat Dec 8, '07 8:03am PST 
(Mom may have posted this in the wrong place, so I'm fixing it.)

'm a 2-yo owner-surrender rescue and I'm pretty excitable. When the doorbell rings, I go a little crazy and bark and bark until the person comes in and I jump all over them. My folks grab me and hold me while I meet the new person and in a few minutes, I am no longer particularly interested. But when the doorbell rings again? I'm crazy!

They put me in my bed and rang the bell repeatedly, did their Cesar thing (stood there, pointed at me, made me stay in the bed & quiet) but the next day? I forgot all about those rules. They just can't know when the doorbell will ring!

Does anyone have suggestions for my folks? Mom has a big old home office and we get a lot of visitors and this time of year, there are lots of deliveries. Mom is starting to yell and I like it better when she's quiet.
Paisley Jo

Barked: Tue Sep 16, '08 1:34pm PST 
"Doorbell", I'm 2 yrs old, and I too love to bark at the doorbell,and kid's riding bikes past my house. I understand this to be my way of letting everyone know that I want to join in on the fun and play too.
My owner has also tried to hush me, at the doorbell, by firmly holding me close to the ground, until people are able to come in and get use to me.
I'm doing better, but still get excited! Once I've had my say, I'm very good. I will lay at your feet unbothered for any length of time.
Hang in there, I'm doing my best...
Louie

Mommie's Chubby- Chumpkins

Barked: Sat Nov 29, '08 12:30pm PST 
I just turned one in March and I cant help but bark at the doorbell, I cant help but protect my house.
I sit in the window whenever I am in the house, if I see a plastic shopping bag or a person come near my house I have to let my family know.
I drives my mom's dad crazy because of my high pitch bark.
When I bark my brother and sister, Taz and Cookie join in, when my mom or uncle go to the door they pick me up because I am known to dart out the door but I always come back like 4 seconds later.
But they dont open the door until we stop barking, hey I know im doing my job, but it gets on my family's nerves but they adore my brother, sister and I anyway! gotta love my humans!