THE WRITERS' COFFEE HOUSE

(Page 1 of 280: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  
CHADWICK

JAZZMAN CHAD

Barked: Mon Oct 29, '07 11:28am PST 
All the famous writers had their places to congregate - in Paris, in New York, in San Francisco, and that is where all those ideas were cross polinated and great comraderie resulted among all those creative people. Well, cats, its time to open The Writers Coffee House. This is a place where you can come, have a catnip tea or a spot of anchovie pizza, and sit back and chat with each other. Get to know each other. And support each others creativity...and sense of humor. So I will officially open the doors today, and I will invite each of you to add anything you want to the Coffee House - its a 24/7 kind of thing going on and on and on as long as cats keep adding to it. Come join me in a social spot for the TCT bunch.smile
CHADWICK

JAZZMAN CHAD

Barked: Mon Oct 29, '07 11:30am PST 
It looks pretty good in here! I hope you cats like the music I put on in the background....feel free to bring your own CDs. Im going to sit back now, have a nice cappacino and a small plate of sardines, and wait to see if anyone comes to join me this nice Monday morning.
Leon

Wild Thing, King- Leon,

Barked: Mon Oct 29, '07 4:31pm PST 
As I wake from my nap
I remember how my difficult my life use to be
Now I dash up and down the hallway
Knowing now that I am loved and free
At night I say my prayers for the homeless pet-
Begging them, have faith don't give up
Not just yet-
For there is a human out there just for you
With a loving heart
Who cannot wait to find you
And let your true life start

Edited by author Mon Oct 29, '07 4:32pm PST

CHADWICK

JAZZMAN CHAD

Barked: Mon Oct 29, '07 4:42pm PST 
That is a very cool poem Leon. It is so hopeful; wish all the kitties who are waiting for homes could hear it. It sure was true for you and me!
CHADWICK

JAZZMAN CHAD

Barked: Mon Oct 29, '07 4:46pm PST 
Ive been busy baking all afternoon, and brought in these plates of my famous tuna cookies for the coffee house gang to enjoy. Somebody brought some Italian Sodas and they are chilling. This is very nice. Lets get a fire going in the center fireplace and the kitties can come in and cozy up and tell each other some stories, or recite poems, or relax in quiet conversation.
Mufasa

not really a- lion

Barked: Mon Oct 29, '07 5:20pm PST 
A true story of my angel sisfur Sneakers (who is furry shy and not in this group yet, although we are trying to get her to come out of her shell)
When Sneakers lived with Mommie, it was discovered that she had a very strange talent. Here is what happened: Mommie always locks the deadbolt on the front door whenever she leaves the house. One day she left to go shopping and when she came home, the deadbolt was unlocked. She thought she had made a mistake, but a couple days later she came home to find the deadbolt was unlocked again. She mentioned this to her boyfriend (who is a police officer) and he was worried that someone was coming into her house when she wasn't there. She couldn't think of anybody that would be able to other than her friend that took care of the cats when she was gone, and didn't think she would be coming in without letting Mommie know. He suggested she put a piece of tape on the door and the frame, then if it was loose or ripped she would know someone had come in. She did that, and came home one day to find the deadbolt unlocked, but the tape undisturbed. She wasn't sure how that happened. The next day, she was home and was sitting in the living room watching TV when all of a sudden Sneakers ran up to the top of a rocking chair Mommie had near the door. The chair tipped back and Sneakers put out her paw and batted the deadbolt open. Mommie got done laughing, and then she moved the chair further away from the door!!!!! I think she was afraid that Sneakers next move would be to turn the doorknob and go outside!!!laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud
Lancelot

Big Bad Fluffy- Pants!

Barked: Tue Oct 30, '07 2:25am PST 
Groooooooooovvvvvvveey, Chad-a-wick, my mannnn!
Lovin the music. Just a groovin to it, yeah...
And the house plate of sardines
oooooh, like mama used to make

I'm a thinkin us beat peots need this place
I mean, who else wants to see ma face
I got blues all up in ma space
Maybe that nip-wine, justa taste
yeah
that's the ticket
lemme lick it
clean and dryyyy
now I'm a feelin spry
oooh
yeah

bring her home bayyybeee...
Bitu ✎

I still want to- be a rich cat

Barked: Tue Oct 30, '07 10:29am PST 
This seems like a pretty good place to hang out, though I'll pass on the fish and have an Italian soda instead. Hmmm...I wonder what flavors you've got around here...now let me compose a few lines:

Some innocent cats need your urgent vote.
The powers that be seem much too remote.
Catch, fix and release
So they can live in peace.
Dear members, please take note!

You can get the story in the KittyWhiskas For Catsters Group Messages "URGENT: PLEASE VOTE BEFORE NOVEMBER 3, 2007". Check it out and spread the word!

Edited by author Tue Oct 30, '07 10:30am PST

CHADWICK

JAZZMAN CHAD

Barked: Tue Oct 30, '07 6:44pm PST 
I just put on some cool jazz for the mood, and check out some of the house nip wine. Some tuna muffins on the table for munchies, and we can sit here into the morning hours and talk about the wonderful creative muse that has us all enraptured.

I think there are some drummers here, congas? bongos? maybe a drumming circle later tonight? Lancelot come share my liter of nip wine...this is just the house best!
Bitu ✎

I still want to- be a rich cat

Barked: Tue Oct 30, '07 11:01pm PST 
Talking about drums makes my younger human think of a trip she went on years ago with my older human as part of a tour group. There's an Indian reservation several hundred miles east of Portland with a resort called Kah-Nee-Ta (I'm not sure what the name means) and as part of the tour there was an Indian dancing session at which the tour guests were allowed to participate at one point. Since my younger human couldn't dance, she paticipated as a guest drummer. I wasn't there, of course, because it was years before my time, though I heard she did pretty good drumming. But since we can't put drumsticks in our paws, I wonder if we would just beat out the rhythm with our paws right on the drum. That should give you something to think about.
  (Page 1 of 280: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]