Grooming Accident

Margot

All attention on- me please!

Barked: Mon Oct 22, '07 11:31am PST 
Hi Everyone,
I was groomed by my usual groomer this past Friday and when I came back Mom noticed I was holding my left eye closed. We went to the vet and found out I have an abrasion on my eye. I'm being very good about taking my meds and it should heal up but I'm wondering - has anything like this happened to any of you? Mom isn't sure what to do. She doesn't think the groomer did it on purpose but now she is confused about whether or not we need a new groomer.
Thanks for your advice.
Licks,
Margot
Wrigley

Beards Rule!

Barked: Tue Oct 23, '07 11:33am PST 
This exact same thing happened to me. Mum noticed I was blinking a lot after a grooming session and took me to the vet. I had a small scratch. I had to have nasty drops in my eyes which made my eye glow and it ran out my nose. Yuck! Anyway I had to have eye dops for a week and it cleared up very well. Mum thinks that I may have been playing with a puppy that was also at the groomers and that she scratched me. Mum sort of mentioned the eye thing the next month when I went back into the groomers and she didn't say anything. I'm pretty sure that if it was her she would have owned up because she's very nice. Unfortunately, if you weren't there you can't prove it either way. I hope that your eye feels better soon hug

Wrigley Roo
xxxx
Nitro

Nitro aka- Mr.Miracle

Barked: Tue Dec 4, '07 3:00pm PST 
Margot, has your history with the groomer up to this point been mostly positive?

When it comes to groomers, always follow your gut instincts. Be open with her about your concerns and you will know by how she reacts what you should do. Great groomers are human too, and sometimes make mistakes but the great ones own up, tell you before you ask, and are apologetic. The bad ones get hyper-defensive, accusatory, paranoid and just don't resolve in favor of an ongoing relationship.

We hope your eye gets better. Now's your chance to get your mom to give you extra love and treats ha ha ha I do that to my mom wink

Happy Toto

Dreams really do- come true...

Barked: Mon Jun 2, '08 7:06pm PST 
I have to agree... my groomer accidentally clipped my hair shorter than what mom wanted and immediately called my mom. Mom was okay with that and was happy that the groomer immediately told her. big grin
Mia Sophia

Mia- Where did my- ball go?

Barked: Sun Sep 28, '08 5:56pm PST 
i have had problems with groomers numerous times!!

we have gone out and bought our own groomer clippers and we couldnt be happier and saving money!

(more toys for me!!)
Zoe Claire

Lil bit with- alot of LOVE!

Barked: Mon Jan 5, '09 6:05pm PST 
Same for us (Zoe & Zeke) mom gave up on groomers and learned how to groom us herself! We now have a bunch of friends that come over for the day at the SPA! Mom tells us it is because you have to love the babies and you will love the groom! She is very patient but has a couple of our friends who she has had to take lots of time to get them to trust her because mom says it is the groomer they had wasn't nicefrown She tells us she is patient with our friends and now they can't wait to come over to get a groom and a spoonful of peanutbutter! Boy, almost time for the SPA!dancing