Barking

Gunny Apple

Quick Draw

Barked: Fri Oct 19, '07 5:19pm PST 
He won't shut up. If I'm watching tv every time the commercials come on I have to find the tv control so I can mute it so he'll stop barking, and to be honest I'm sick of it. Are there any ways to get him to stop barking unless he needs to? Do those bark cholers with the spray work? I need help its driving me crazy.
Thank You,
Whitney
Pip

Barked: Wed Mar 19, '08 10:05am PST 
I don't have the asnwer for you but I would highly recommend either reading or contacting Patricia McConnell. She is an Animal Behaviuorist who has/adores border collies. She has written a lot of books and little pamphlets that are very inexpensive and can be a lifesaver!
http://www.dogsbestfriendtraining.com/index.php

I am curious though...what does your dog want from you when he barks? Is is attention? Could you ask him to sit and then come on the couch and watch with you while you cuddle him or walk him first with lots of commands to tire him before watching tv? Or throw the ball for him while watching if he hasn't had enough excercise that day? Always curious to learn more about our wonderful and challenging breedsmile
Good luck!wishes