Barking

Gunny Apple

Quick Draw

Barked: Fri Oct 19, '07 5:17pm PST 
He won't shut up. If I'm watching tv every time the commercials come on I have to find the tv control so I can mute it so he'll stop barking, and to be honest I'm sick of it. Are there any ways to get him to stop barking unless he needs to? Do those bark cholers with the spray work? I need help its driving me crazy.
Thank You,
Whitney
Mosses

Mossey: I like- chewing the- fence!

Barked: Mon Dec 3, '07 11:13am PST 
Did you ever get a responce to this I don't log in often and I just went through this with my 9 month old collie.

If you buy the citrinella one you can't put it on them in the winter time, the mist is good and bugs them to death but it would freeze to his fur and his eye lashes and that is un fair and not right (imo)

Another thing is when he barks to muzzle him when it is not apporpiate it is just as annoing getting up all the time but it works too. I use the collar when I am not home and when I am I use the muzzle. He can only bark when someone knocks on my door or approches the kid.

He is still being trained but it works well at least so far.
Zack

Watch me!

Barked: Wed May 16, '12 11:56pm PST 
Have you tried teaching your dog the word "bark" or "talk" - as in saying "bark" and "good bark" when he barks then rewarding and then saying "no bark" when you do not want the dog to bark. It worked on me. I tried to bark a bit to get my Mum's attention when I was little and bored. She tried ignoring me but I just kept barking so she decided to teach me the word bark so that she could tell me when not to bark and reward me if my bark was good!