Rufus

Phobos des- Ombres- Valeureux

Ramming Speed!

Barked: Fri Sep 28, '07 11:39am PST 
Hiya Mo - welcome to your brother Rufus. By an odd coincidence, I also know a football dawg named Rufus!

My mom's grandpa was a Patriots fan. Her family lives far, and she didnt really know her grandparents alot growingup. When she was a young adult, she went back to New England to visit with them, and grndpa discovered she was a football fan. She was able to tell him all about a kid they had just drafted from Washington where she is from - a quarterback called Drew Bledsoe.

Grandpa was so happy to have someone to talk football with! When mom got home again, she found a little stuffed puppy and sent it to grandpa in a box with a note: "My name is Rufus and I am a Football Dawg. I am a New England Patriots fan. I was told if I came to you, you would let me watch the game with you!"

Til the day he died (during playoff season, the year the Patriots finally *won* the Super Bowl), grandpa would set Rufus on the arm of the sofa to watch the game with him. After that, om sent a note to her Nana asking if Rufus could come live with us. He arrived, and the next Christmas, Nana sent a second puppy named Patriot. Rufus and Patriot sit on top of the stereo and watch the games with us. If mom and dad leave the house, they leave the Patriots game on the TV for Rufus and Patriot to watch....

So you see, Mo, a football pup named Rufus is no ordinary boy - and the last time we knew one, he took a hurting team and turned them into champions just by being a fan.

Welcome, Rufus the Football Dawg!!

- Woofs,
Phobos
Furio- (2004-2013)

Who's a Tough- Guy?

Barked: Wed Oct 10, '07 1:19pm PST 
Bol! What a great story, Phobos! (Are you up to the challenge, Rufus - Turning our team into champions?!)